2017 Haibike X-Duro, 4.0 For Sale (Ohio)

Jan1of1

For sale: 2017 Haibike X-Duro 4.0. 27.5" frame (XS). Watch this video to see what this bike looks like and how it's equipped:
IMG_7322.jpeg
Only difference is this bike comes with a 400 watt - not the 500 watt battery. Reason for selling: My wife said it was too difficult to get on and off bike - so she never rode it much. Only 202.9 miles on this bike! So I bought her a new low-step e-bike and want to sell this one. Asking $1800 + shipping. Will deliver anywhere within 2 hours of Dayton, Ohio.

If I may suggest, a mountain bike dropper seat post just may allow your wife to mount and dismount from the seat alot easier. Worth a shot to investigate as that is a nice trekking style ebike, well built with a great ebike drive system.

Any decent local bike shop can help with ideas and installation, should you decide to keep the Haibike. Good luck!

Hi Jan. Is the bike still for sale? Did you swap that battery off of your bike? I see how the letters do not align between the battery in the frame. It doesn't spell out Haibike completely. I know the batteries are interchangeable as I have a trek with what appears to be the same battery pack that is a 500. My Trek also has the Bosch performance line CX thanks

Hi Jan. Is the bike still for sale? Did you swap that battery off of your bike? I see how the letters do not align between the battery in the frame. It doesn't spell out Haibike completely. I know the batteries are interchangeable as I have a trek with what appears to be the same battery pack that is a 500. My Trek also has the Bosch performance line CX thanks
Hi Tommy It is still for sale...it's sitting in my basement and frankly, I haven't put any effort into selling the bike since I posted it on EBR. You're right about the battery. It came with a 500W battery that went belly up in a couple of weeks (battery management system???) so I sent it back to the dealer where I bought the bike for a replacement. A couple weeks passed and I still didn't have the replacement. I call the dealer and he tells me he can't get a 500W battery, but he could get me a 400W battery. I agreed to that with a $100 credit to my credit card so my wife wouldn't have an excuse not to ride it. The 400w and 500w are interchangeable.....makes you wonder why they just don't make all batteries 500W if they are the same size. The 400W is the battery on the bike in the picture and know you know why it doesn't match the frame lettering. Personally I think Haibike should make sure the lettering on their 400W and 500W batteries are identical so there is no mismatch of the battery to the frame, but I'm just a voice in the wind. I hope this explains everything....the frame size is XS as my wife is a hair over 5' tall. I've since bought her a Bull Pegasus which is sitting in the garage awaiting warm weather.

Hi Tommy It is still for sale...it's sitting in my basement and frankly, I haven't put any effort into selling the bike since I posted it on EBR. You're right about the battery. It came with a 500W battery that went belly up in a couple of weeks (battery management system???) so I sent it back to the dealer where I bought the bike for a replacement. A couple weeks passed and I still didn't have the replacement. I call the dealer and he tells me he can't get a 500W battery, but he could get me a 400W battery. I agreed to that with a $100 credit to my credit card so my wife wouldn't have an excuse not to ride it. The 400w and 500w are interchangeable.....makes you wonder why they just don't make all batteries 500W if they are the same size. The 400W is the battery on the bike in the picture and know you know why it doesn't match the frame lettering. Personally I think Haibike should make sure the lettering on their 400W and 500W batteries are identical so there is no mismatch of the battery to the frame, but I'm just a voice in the wind. I hope this explains everything....the frame size is XS as my wife is a hair over 5' tall. I've since bought her a Bull Pegasus which is sitting in the garage awaiting warm weather.
Hey Jan thanks for the quick reply. I was looking at the bike for my brother. The xs frame might not be big enough for him and its the ladies frame. Im going to get ahold of him and see what he thinks. I think he was looking for something with a 50 to 60 mile range and that 400 might be right on the edge I know the 500 would be good. Anyways he is visiting my mom in Detroit and i live a little north of there. I'll see what he thinks and maybe we'll meet you halfway or something.

If it works for your brother that would be fine, if not that's okay too. Also - the Haibike frame sizing is sometimes a mystery to decipher. The XS frame is too small for me - I'm 5'9". I tried the S frame and felt it too was too small for me as well so I went with a medium frame on my XDuro. To increase comfort put a stem extension on it. I'd like to put a Jones H-bar on it as well, but don't think Haibike put enough extra cabling on the bike for it to fit which means running new cable - tough to do through the frame!! Be well and happy.

If it works for your brother that would be fine, if not that's okay too. Also - the Haibike frame sizing is sometimes a mystery to decipher. The XS frame is too small for me - I'm 5'9". I tried the S frame and felt it too was too small for me as well so I went with a medium frame on my XDuro. To increase comfort put a stem extension on it. I'd like to put a Jones H-bar on it as well, but don't think Haibike put enough extra cabling on the bike for it to fit which means running new cable - tough to do through the frame!! Be well and happy.
Hi Jan. Yeah that's going to be too small for my brother thank you though. Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I'm pretty familiar with the Haibike's as i own 2 of thier mountain bikes. I love em thats why i inquired. Take care

Back