2014 Path+ anyone move the battery?

MLB

I'm looking at 2014 Path+ for my GF and others to ride with me on my E assist trike.
Performance bike has these for $1799.
This seems like a decent looking bike and some great reviews overall. Two things I don't like are the 700 wheels (skinnier tires only) and rack mounted battery on top of a rear hub motor wheel. All the weight over the rear wheel.
Has anyone relocated that battery to the water bottle mount location on the frame? Looks like the battery could be too wide for that. ???
If so does Currie sell a water bottle or frame mount type battery I could use instead if I bought this?
I have a 36v Falco setup on a trike that i could convert to 48v and use the Path+ battery on it if they sell a water bottle type for the Path+.
Thanks

That battery does indeed look too wide to be mounted on the down tube like a water bottle battery. Never heard of anyone moving it. One either likes or doesn't mind the design or they don't and they purchase a different eBike.

I'm looking at 2014 Path+ for my GF and others to ride with me on my E assist trike.
Performance bike has these for $1799.
This seems like a decent looking bike and some great reviews overall. Two things I don't like are the 700 wheels (skinnier tires only) and rack mounted battery on top of a rear hub motor wheel. All the weight over the rear wheel.
Has anyone relocated that battery to the water bottle mount location on the frame? Looks like the battery could be too wide for that. ???
If so does Currie sell a water bottle or frame mount type battery I could use instead if I bought this?
I have a 36v Falco setup on a trike that i could convert to 48v and use the Path+ battery on it if they sell a water bottle type for the Path+.
Thanks

The 2014 line i.e., Path Plus, Dash and Peak , all use the same 48V, 8.7Ah TranzX battery. While, the Peak and the dash are bottle type, Path Plus uses the rear rack style.
Thanks to modularization and if you can do some custom work, you should be able to get the Dash or Peak's battery on the Path Plus but this might involve a lot of work.

That battery does indeed look too wide to be mounted on the down tube like a water bottle battery. Never heard of anyone moving it. One either likes or doesn't mind the design or they don't and they purchase a different eBike.

LOL, Why??
There's no perfect E bike.
Modifying is often the only way to really get what you want and moving a battery is hardly much of a mod at ALL. ;)
Weight distribution is critical on a bicycle.

I have a Prodeco X3. It suffers the same balance problem of rear hub and rear pack, and a very heavy pack. I've run the bike from a pack in the front, just placed in a handlebar bag.

Basically, I have two prongs in back that the Prodeco packs slides into. I remove the Prodeco pack and there are the connectors. One is positive and the other negative. I can use 1/4 inch slide on connectors and my wire to the battery. I'm not suggesting you do this if you aren't clear on stuff like polarity, but it's not major work.

I find it helps the balance. The way I ride it isn't critical. It helps the front suspension fork. I would not buy another pack to replace the rear pack, but they are $800 which is too much for this older and almost obsolete design. Prodeco has gone to a frame battery, in front.

Back