"Around the World" in 3 years

Ken S

Ok that's just as the crow flies but still a milestone. I passed the 40,000 km mark a couple of weeks ago, thankfully before the snow and ice arrived which has lessened the riding days. I couldn't not ride to work this morning, it was raining but was 3 above (C) so just a regular commute.

Looking forward to another rotation, or 2, or 3 or....
IMG_20171229_100420760_HDR.jpg

Got officially presented great plaque from Ohm and Bionx.

Ok that's just as the crow flies but still a milestone. I passed the 40,000 km mark a couple of weeks ago, thankfully before the snow and ice arrived which has lessened the riding days. I couldn't not ride to work this morning, it was raining but was 3 above (C) so just a regular commute.

Looking forward to another rotation, or 2, or 3 or.... View attachment 19513

Got officially presented great plaque from Ohm and Bionx.
I would like to know how many years/miles did you get out of battery before you had to replace it.What volt and amp of said battery.I'm just curious to hear some real life use out of the ebike and battery.This December I will have one year on my 1st ebike.As of yesterday I have 1637 miles so far.Good job on your milestone.

The batteries (nominal 48 Volt for the D500 Ohm/Bionx setup) are rated in cycles which can be viewed in the Bionx interface. When you get to ~ 500 cycles you're getting up to the end of life of the battery.
Average kms per cycle is about 80 or 50 miles, so the 40,000 kms pretty well did one battery in. I had two batteries so I had lots of potential still.

You can get the batteries rebuilt with new cells.

Whats the most miles you put on 1 bike?And how was the maintaince over that span of time.On my beastly bike I'm still on my original tires,brakes,chain etc.No problems at all so far.

Around 30,000 kms, say 18,000 miles before I traded up to a new model. I was getting about 3-5,000 kms out of the chains and jockey wheels and double that with the cassettes depending on the time of the year. Winter is harder on consumables (including brake pads) as the road grit and road salt tends to get into the components no matter what you do and that increases wear.

The hub motor was a bit easier on components, I will have to see how the new mid motor design is now that I have gone this way on the new Ohm.

Thanks so much for your input.My LBS put a new battery and a Grin Cycle Analyist on my used bike back in April this year and I am documenting every single ride onto paper to track my wear and tare.The bike only had 26 miles on it but it had been stored in a cold garage and the batt was dead and frozen when I bought it.It did take a charge and I rode it 400 miles before it quit back in march.I can't wait to see how many miles you get on your new bike.Info from riders like yourself help riders like me get an idea on just how long these bikes last.Thanks again.Cliff

Back