would it work for me?

AdamC

I had to cancel my order for a juiced biked ccs 650 watt with17.h ah battery , money reasons
I'm loking at the simple fairly fool proof system they offer at clean republic an the 1000 dollars bike with the 350watt 40mile pack. I take that 40 miles with a grain of salt of course

my commute is 17 miles each way can charge at work in a heated garage!

1400-1500 of climbing most hills are2-8% and easily manageable if not a little on the slow side, last hill to work tho.. about a mile long and peaks out at 17% grade
I weigh about 240 and will have about 10 lbs of gear- change of clothes and lunch.

my old bike ride was 6.6 miles and 760 feet climbing it took 45ish minutes human powered only

I am hoping to keep ride to an hour give or take a few minutes -5-10max

is this a reasonable goal with the bike I am looking? I am really just wanting to flatten the hills and still ride a bike not a motorcycle

....1400-1500 of climbing most hills are2-8% and easily manageable if not a little on the slow side, last hill to work tho.. about a mile long and peaks out at 17% grade
I weigh about 240 and will have about 10 lbs of gear- change of clothes and lunch

If you can pedal long enough and strong enough under power to maintain 10mph up those hills, it might work. You will be assisting the motor to keep it from lugging and overheating.

With those hills, a Bafang mid-drive might be a better way to go. Their 350w would be stronger than a 350w geared hub.

Most hills i roll 7-9 mph unassisted the last hill probably 5. I didnt record those runs. If i can be fast for all the small hills and do the last big hill all me that would be ok. Im really more concerned about travel time.

I guess I wouldn't expect a $1000 bike to last very long as a commuter bike. It's going to take a lot of maintenance to keep those cheap components working. Expect some upgrades soon, like better saddle, better tires, better sealed bearing pedals, better grade brake pads, etc...... It's a pay us now, or pay us latter deal.

I had to cancel my order for a juiced biked ccs 650 watt with17.h ah battery , money reasons
I'm loking at the simple fairly fool proof system they offer at clean republic an the 1000 dollars bike with the 350watt 40mile pack. I take that 40 miles with a grain of salt of course

my commute is 17 miles each way can charge at work in a heated garage!

1400-1500 of climbing most hills are2-8% and easily manageable if not a little on the slow side, last hill to work tho.. about a mile long and peaks out at 17% grade
I weigh about 240 and will have about 10 lbs of gear- change of clothes and lunch.

my old bike ride was 6.6 miles and 760 feet climbing it took 45ish minutes human powered only

I am hoping to keep ride to an hour give or take a few minutes -5-10max

is this a reasonable goal with the bike I am looking? I am really just wanting to flatten the hills and still ride a bike not a motorcycle
I only know about my one and only ebike. It is a Trek XM700+. I found I can exceed to estimated range by quite a lot. I use the lowest level of support virtually all the time and this is probably why. Even with the lowest level of support I am able to keep up with much younger people who are on regular bikes (I'm 73). If you use a higher level of support, your range is rapidly and greatly reduced.

I only know about my one and only ebike. It is a Trek XM700+. I found I can exceed to estimated range by quite a lot. I use the lowest level of support virtually all the time and this is probably why. Even with the lowest level of support I am able to keep up with much younger people who are on regular bikes (I'm 73). If you use a higher level of support, your range is rapidly and greatly reduced.

Only time expect to use is for longer climbs. Rest is all me

I guess I wouldn't expect a $1000 bike to last very long as a commuter bike. It's going to take a lot of maintenance to keep those cheap components working. Expect some upgrades soon, like better saddle, better tires, better sealed bearing pedals, better grade brake pads, etc...... It's a pay us now, or pay us latter deal.

From what i can gather about the bike everything seems to be ok quality...better than wally worls. The bottom bracket if cup and cone i can change myself. Id say its on par with my normal bike.. Which i am very happy with.

Where do you live? The Lunacycle BBS02 is on sale for $400 (mid drive.) Has throttle, up to 9 level pedal assist and a LCD display that gives speed, battery status, and power used. A $500 battery and you can climb any hill, A little more work to install than a Hilltopper, but the latter is pretty simple. Compared to a better hub motor where you have to remove the pedals for pedal assist, the BBS02 is comparable effort.

The Hilltopper is OK, but no pedal assist which I think is a major drawback. Front motor is OK, but I'd rather see it on the rear. .

I own both types of ebike BBS02 mid drive and hubmotor. I like them both, but there are no 1000 foot climbs where I live.

Where do you live? The Lunacycle BBS02 is on sale for $400 (mid drive.) Has throttle, up to 9 level pedal assist and a LCD display that gives speed, battery status, and power used. A $500 battery and you can climb any hill, A little more work to install than a Hilltopper, but the latter is pretty simple. Compared to a better hub motor where you have to remove the pedals for pedal assist, the BBS02 is comparable effort.

The Hilltopper is OK, but no pedal assist which I think is a major drawback. Front motor is OK, but I'd rather see it on the rear. .

I own both types of ebike BBS02 mid drive and hubmotor. I like them both, but there are no 1000 foot climbs where I live.

Agreed Harry. I too only ride a rear hub driven 350 watt ebike and it far exceeds my expectations on any high bridge or incline I have had to climb here in the Midwest. It is so efficient, it can climb any grade effortlessly in the lowest gear. I cannot compare to a mid-drive, however, my best guess is that the results would be just as impressive.

I made a few phone calls and emails to Clean Republic over the last month
some specs on the folding bike are shimano sealed bottom bracket, suntour xcm30 front fork, shimano hydraulic disc brakes.
aluminum from and 7 speed freewheel.
the only thing not super impressive is the freewheel, but meh no worries easily upgraded
everything else seems super legit.
I rode analog style to work a few time and average is about an 1 and 20 minutes the hills the first 3rd and last mile of 17 miles
west Virginia version of flat in between. I purchased last night thru amazon and expect it to arrive in about 10 days. I am optimistic that the 350watt 11amp
system should get me to work in a very reasonable time and still get some exercise in the process

Back