Anyone have a EZ Pedaler?

We used to sell them at our shop in Austin, and still service the bikes. What would you like to know?

We used to sell them at our shop in Austin, and still service the bikes. What would you like to know?

I'm interested in what SDguy wants to know but I have a few questions too.
How does the front motor and the rear hub hold up, in other words what are the mechanical trouble areas?

Last edited:
EZ Pedaler bikes are all front hub motor systems and the difference is really in how that handles compared to a rear hub motor. The motors are the same be it front or rear; however, for folks who are more used to a typical road bike, then the heavier feel when turning or cornering with a front hub motor system will not be to their taste. What is nice, is the split weight with the motor in the front and battery behind the seat or located on a rear rack. The bike will feel more balanced with the weight not all in one place. If super speedy handling is not a concern and stability and softer ride is what you look for then a front hub motor might just be the ticket.

I've seen a couple of electric scooters with front motors have power issues if there wasn't adequate weight over the front wheel when starting or on a hill, but can't say that really happens on an ebike unless you like to lean way far back! FYI, E Joe Bikes and EZ Pedaler are pretty much the same design.

I have the ST 500 step thru. i have put 2100 miles on the bike, no imajor ssues.

Bike has all the features, throttle, internal rear gears, ( no derailer ) lights, fender, bike rack, lcd display speedometer, odometer, battery level, etc..

Bike has penty of power.

I like the front wheel motor because any bike shop can repair except for the electrical parts.

Back