Can you pedal w/out power?

I am considering buying an e rad bike kit. I was wondering if one could turn off the system completely and or remove the battery and pedal like a normal bike without much resistance.

I understand there would probably be more weight, but I was wondering in terms of actually pedaling (if that makes scence :))

Thanks!

I am considering buying an e rad bike kit. I was wondering if one could turn off the system completely and or remove the battery and pedal like a normal bike without much resistance.

I understand there would probably be more weight, but I was wondering in terms of actually pedaling (if that makes scence :))

Thanks!
I am certain that, besides the added weight, it will behave just like the regular bicycle. The e-rad uses BBSO2. I have the newer version (BBSHD) and after it was shipped to me, the derailer needed fine tuning. While testing the derailer on the road, I turned off the motor and pedaled it just like a regular bicycle. It felt the same as a regular bicycle, I did not ever noticed the extra weight of the motor and battery.

Mid-drive won't feel in pedaling with motor off. Might shop around for lower priced kits with the same motor though.

Back