1000 watts diy build

neber kenezer

Region
Canada
I just put together this diy e bike and the controller is 1000 watts but it feels like it has less speed and torque than my 500 watt bike, just wondering if the controller has a speed output option?

Attachments

• IMG_20240405_114621.jpg
    IMG_20240405_114621.jpg
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 120
Another AI bike...

I'll begin with: the locking strategy is horrible :D

Zooming in on the pic its hard to see how this is not a joke. But good attention to detail in creating a horror show... right down to the use of wire nuts. Clever screen name though.

Watch your knees and wear pants! I’m sure there is some (most) energy lost in the friction between the motor and tire. Changing tire tread should make it less bad. Plus side is, no one will steal it.

Six days short of April 1. I think I have seen that picture before, but if this is a serious query, the answer is front drive. Pulling is faster than pushing, unless you listen to Ferrari.,

front.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it sounds like you guys don't know the answer or an answer that could sound like it's correct. Severely disappointing...

We're sorry... Have you checked the Flux Capacitor?
Could be worn and not holding the proper charge.

For comparison, what does the 500 watt bike look like? Is it a rear hub motor, mid drive, or another friction drive? Friction drive bikes aren’t very efficient.

Well, it sounds like you guys don't know the answer or an answer that could sound like it's correct. Severely disappointing...
OK here is the correct answer: Everything was done wrong on that bike. Everything. Even if it wasn't horrifyingly jerry-rigged, you would never expect anything but poor results from a friction drive.

All I do is build bikes. I don't buy them so this is not a foreign subject. My ebike builder's web site mission statement is "DIY does not have to mean half-assed". BTW most of the other people in this thread are builders as well so ... sorry I know its harsh but not out of line. I honestly thought this was an April Fools joke.

Back