Admin
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Court, I'm buying a Trek XM700+ with the Bosch mid-drive motor. I'm trying to find out if a 160mm oi 165mm splined mtn bike crank will fit. No one seems to know.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Hi - Super newb question but I posted a thread and have since sold the bike, is there any way to delete my thread? I've edited the title to "Please disregard or delete"... Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Tara D.
    Tara D.
    There is not a way to do that on your end David, but I see your post and have taken care of it for you. Congrats on selling your bike!
    Hi Court,
    I was looking for a review on ZEV harpie or ZEV valkyrie e-bikes. Their website says that ZEV has been around for a long time and that their e-bikes are very similar to stromer st2 only much less money. Have you considered doing a review on ZEV bikes?
    First I'd like to thank you for what you've created...this website is superb.
    Second...I started with a question about the Kalkhoff S11 in the Q&A section that now belongs in the Kalkhoff forum... How can it be moved? Does that require an administrator?
    Ann M.
    Ann M.
    All done, @Fig! Thanks for the kind words; we moved your post. Ann M.
    Court,
    Thank you for your passion for and obvious interest in sharing. I've jumped into the e bike world based on your review of the Voltbike. The ability to travel with my daughter, ( not yet 5) on bike trails is priceless.
    Hi Court . I posted a while back and my have missed your response.
    I would like to invite you to check out our new line of electric bikes.
    You can see them @ TagEvoCycles.com . You are also invited to test any or all models.
    I can deliver them to your favorite testing grounds if you are interested.
    Thanks Court
    Chad
    Hi court.
    I am introducing a new brand of electric bike to the market. Based in Huntington Beach, I'm focusing on style, yet with the same level of quality, power and functionality as the competition. If you'd like I will post a link to my site so you can take a quick look at the line.
    Thanks
    Chad
    Wanted to tell you what a great job you do and how lucky the industry is to have you. I bought a st1 step thru 18 months ago based a lot on your site and opinion of stromer. Recently bought st2 step thru and I am pleased with it.
    And bought your book a week ago- honestly thought it was great. Thanks, Barry Golden
    How would I use the site to look at Class 1 (pedal assist only) bikes?
    Thanks,
    Michael
    Ann M.
    Ann M.
    In the search mode, pick 'advanced searc'h and on the left side select 'show more filters', from there choose from the 'drive mode' list. There are several choices for pedal assist; however, none of them will produce only Class 1 ebikes although I imagine Court will be working on that at some time.
    Hi Court,
    Can you pls give me your recommendation on full size ebike to buy? My requirement is something that would go around 25mph+ with pedal assist - price range $2k-$3k used only on paved bike path. Bikes like Volton 500, Evo Cross, Evo 27.5
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    I can also wait upto 6 months+ if there is something good as 2016 model
    Ann M.
    Ann M.
    Hey Cupid, all of the bikes you mention would be great, just add the IZip Dash to the list. Some folks have spoken of issues with the Volton 500, so you might find service easier with the more mainstream brands like Currie Tech's IZip ebikes or the EasyMotion models on your list. Happy shopping. BTW, prices generally go up for new year models, so this is a good time to buy.
    Cupid
    Cupid
    Yes i love the speed of izip Dash but battery is design isn't too stealth and none removeable LCD control module. What kind if issue with Volton 500? I believe Court owns Evo Cross, right? Which is fastest in pedal assist mode- out of the ones listed above?
    You've created quite the community Court, and I am really enjoying your videos/posts. Keep up the great work, and I will talk to you more soon!
    (continued)...
    My selections are down to: Alation 500 or 350 middrive (but read complaints posted), Pedego City Commuter, Izip E3 Path+ or Zuma, Genesis Rv5. Any suggestions, as I would value your opinion.

Thanks so much for what you do, hopefully a nice source of income with advertisers and click-throughs. I have learned a great deal with the info you've provided.
    Joe
    Ann M.
    Ann M.
    JoeinJP I'd go with the larger motor size since the motor won't have to work as hard on the hills and with a decent size battery will be able to haul a pretty good size load without 'range anxiety'. All of the bikes you mention have good potential, but are different styles. Be sure you have a LBS that is competent to support your choice. Sometimes that's an issue with internet sourced bikes.
    Court, 2 wks I've seen virtually all your reviews!, narrowed choice for my first ebike. Thinking hubdrive til I saw interview w/J Turner, now thinking middrive. 4m commute (at most bit of 4% grade), also paved bikepaths around Boston (steepest just 150-175ft 6-7% grade). Probably overthinking mashing, doesn't occur w/throttle?, and as long as in low gear before hill, shouldn't be problem? (continued...)
    Court,
    I am considering my first ebike I am currently torn between 2 different ideas. On the one hand I could buy a brand new eZip Trailz from an online vendor for $323.00 plus shipping. While I believe this bike would likely meet my needs, I test rode an E-Joe Epik SE tonight and loved it. The Ejoe is literally 5 times the price. Is it worth the extra money or is the deal on the Trailz too good to pass up?
    Ann M.
    Ann M.
    The Ezip TrailZ has not been manufactured for over a year now, so the batteries are not going to be brand new after sitting in a box for a while. Also, that side mounted motor makes changing a flat a royal pain! Go with the hub motor design and more current production- the E-Joe or maybe an intro level Prodeco Tech bike.
    Admin
    Admin
    I agree with Ann, there are some big trade offs witht he TrailZ (including the double chain and funky side-mounted motor). The e-Joe Epik is a sweet bike and even though it's more expensive, you will get a lot more value out of it and have better support (and possibly replacement batteries) down the road :)
    I am looking at an ebike that is for sale at a local bike store. It uses a 36 volt Bionx system - it is was used for the occasional test drive and that the battery has been charged once a year. Won't the battery 'die young' because, basically it is already over 2 years old and was not charged at least once a month?
    Admin
    Admin
    Given the age of the system I would have two big concerns: that the battery was not stored properly by the bike shop and even if it was, that the cells would begin slowly losing some of their capacity naturally. That by the time the battery finally does completely wear out you will not be able to get the same size or configuration.
    J
    JoePah
    A good battery will last 4-5 years if charged once a month.

Add the cost of a new battery to this kit.. If it is more than a new kit, don't bother, or low ball them so it is worth your while.
    Wolf krannich
    Wolf krannich
    Thank you both. I am back to the drawing board, will post separately about further exploits. I am thinking of a Golden Motor Magic Pie 4 with a 48v LIfepo battery ...
    Court, I hope it's okay... I started a conversation... my messages are too long for this format... keep up the good work, what a great job you have..
    Mike
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back