I booked train from Germany to Poland a couple of summers ago for a group. Very convenient if the train is going from where you are to where you want to be.
When I traveled to Europe on business years ago, we rented cars.
Lobster shack last night. 1 out of 17 had bike rack. 9 out of 17 had 2" ball hitches. My SIL car that we arrived in appeared to be the only one that was E-like (Honda Hybrid). Interesting that she just finished an 8 hour highway trip and when I was guiding her backing out the lane, the engine...
Not sure if that is an example that concludes higer/lower % of bike riders.
Another data point. We are in central coastal Maine for a couple of weeks. We went to Walmart (38 miles away) yesterday. On the trip to the town, we saw 4 cyclists riding together. Actual came across the same group...
Who da thunk, more rural areas with longer distances to travel have lower bike ride rate than overpopulated, congested areas. I guess we can guess who's RIGHT thinking.
Moving solar/wind over distance is costly. On a much smaller scale, anyone that has designed a solar/battery RV system knows wires get big fast to reduce voltage drop. Data Center near source is the correct thing to do.
Iran’s oil is trapped while rival exports are about to surge but Tehran could break the US chokehold | Fortune https://fortune.com/2026/08/16/iran-oil-exports-hormuz-us-naval-blockade-missiles-aircraft-carrier-lincoln/
Where? I'm on the road right now running the Interstates. Very few EVs on the highway. As we pass (or stop at) fuel stations, dozen Tesla stations sit empty at every one; 3 years ago there were wait lines at every one.
People have figured out what EVs are good for, and it's not travel. Nice...