Thanks for the encouraging comments.
Yes, I was very happy to have finished in the top 10 on my inaugural mountain bike ride.
Initially I struggled in the tight techy climbing parts of the course. I backed off the assistance from Eco three to Eco two and used a lower gear. I also moved my...
No idea what e-bikes took out the first three places. No way to find out either.
Yes, I would have used assistance on steep descents if the track allowed for the speed. I would have used whatever level of assistance in Eco mode provided the greatest speed wherever I could. My max speed was just...
Following on from my recent first gravel bike race post, my same friend mentioned he was participating a mountain bike race for the second year in a row. This time on his Amflow Pro whereas previously he rode an analogue Specialized. Again the courses which varied in distance - 100km, 70km, 40km...
Will it make any difference?
We have tighter e-bike laws in Oz, but they are not followed nor enforced.
Ride sensibly and no one is going to bat an eyelid. I ride on the lowest level of assistance on both my e-bikes 99% of the time. The one in this thread doesn’t have a throttle, my other...
No idea - I didn’t ask any questions. I just paid the money to get the faster bike when I ordered it.
i did the same again when I ordered the step through version for my wife.
Car manufacturers also build motors that most people will never exploit maximum revs, power nor maximum efficiency (max torque) in their day to day driving……..but there are always those few.
Yes the m620 does deliver at lower cadences because of its bulk torque. However this isn’t the first time I’ve heard posters on this forum being disappointed with the output of the m620, which has been due to their low cadences.
Nowhere in your posts have you mentioned your actual cadence. And based on your experience with the m620 it sounds like you are not spinning the cranks fast enough, hence your disappointment with this motor.
The m620 is the Ferrari of e-bike motors……it loves to rev. If you can do that the m620...