Recent content by EMGX

  1. E

    SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

    No getting anything like this past my wife. "Don't muzzle the ox that treaded out the grain" doesn't seem to work at all either. The worst part is that I know she's right and she would be the first to affirm the lipstick on pig idiom.
  2. E

    SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

    I completely agree, too bad my wife doesn't share our logic.
  3. E

    SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

    Every once in a while (OK more frequently than that) I find myself wanting a high end bike like those RabH or Stompandgo recently ordered - but then I remind myself that, for me, they would be like putting lipstick on a pig. Unfortunately I'm more suited to the bicycle shaped objects that I...
  4. E

    Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

    Today's weather was great day for a ride. Ignore avg speed which must include the rest stops I made, nearly continuous climbing on way up. The 15 miles back down was a different story coasting up to 40mph with very little need to pedal except in a few spots.
  5. E

    Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

    I don't eat out often, when I do I usually prefer Chinese. China Gorge was always a good stop after a ride or a day on the mountain. Disappointed when it closed.
  6. E

    Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

    Tried the Indian restaurant, not a fan.
  7. E

    Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

    So you work in or around Hood River? I've ridden that area probably a hundred times, enough that I usually have an Oregon State Park day use biennial pass to park at the Mark O Hatfield west lot. Sadly the China Gorge Restaurant closed which was a nice after ride dinner. Last week I did a 40...
  8. E

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    That's a nice bike, ever think of just putting some sort of DIY kit on it? Not stumping for them but a Keyde hub drive is ultra simple to install, works pretty well for me including 10-16% grades (with low gear and a good amount of effort) and you get to keep your 3x drivetrain.
  9. E

    Keyde Hub Motor Systems S110 Brief

    Forum post that helps with understanding how Keyde gets a 1:13.5 reduction ratio without gears and what may have caused my S110 to chatter when I increased from 500w max to 750w (now back to stock 500w without problems). I'm curious to follow their experience, especially with motor noise as my...
  10. E

    Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

    Back from ride to town, beautiful fall day with cool breeze. Just sitting back in the driveway enjoying the colors and clear blue sky.
  11. E

    Anyone tried a lightweight ebike conversion kit on the Scott Addict?

    From China for certain, but what isn't? Installation only takes as long as it takes one to change a wheel once a tire is mounted along with cassette of choice. I got mine with a nice looking Keyde stainless UL certified "water bottle" type battery which is the only wired connection. I often use...
  12. E

    Anyone tried a lightweight ebike conversion kit on the Scott Addict?

    @peterecosse I see you haven't been around here in several months, I have a couple Q if you have the time. I'm liking my S110 a lot for what it is, now on the third bike I've installed. Haven't yet tried the advanced settings but may give it a go. Do you feel that your S110 performs same as...
  13. E

    VoIP providers opinions (Ooma Telo?)

    Costco has a $100 Telo Air2 wireless bundled with a cordless handset that I'll use testing. When I cancel the telecom landline I'll plug it into a phone jack - apparently not to be done until landline is disconnected to avoid damage to the Ooma. Sort of redundant if the cell phone wifi works...
  14. E

    VoIP providers opinions (Ooma Telo?)

    Thanks so much for the helpful replies. You would think that I should have checked into all of this long ago but I hadn't. Set up wifi calling on cell phones and will take a flier on Ooma. If a trial with Ooma works well I'll port my landline phone, otherwise back to Costco. Also ordered a...
  15. E

    VoIP providers opinions (Ooma Telo?)

    Consumer cellular which uses AT&T network but I've checked other carriers and coverage is similar at my location. I guess I'm not smart enough to have checked into turning on my cell phone wifi calling. Do incoming/outgoing calls automatically go to wifi if cell coverage drops? I just...
Back