Recent content by Calcoaster

  1. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    The new Domane+ has a taller stack than the previous model. Added to that they are using new handlebars with a 20mm rise, making it noticeably more relaxed (more upright) than most other road bikes.
  2. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    Yeah, it seems to have a max of 200W but the rider assist has been boosted from 100 up to 200% for the hpr40. I’m curious about the option for a 580 WHr battery. Seems like that would need a different frame with an even bigger downtube.
  3. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    New Trek Domane+ SL just released with HPR 40. The 2027 Treks just showed up on their (US) website. They use the SL carbon, sram Axs, TQ 40 motor and are 3 pounds lighter than the previous model. The review I read notes that it allows for 200% rider power multiplier, which is twice what other...
  4. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    Fresh off the rumor mill: I saw a post by a guy who said he just ordered a 2027 Trek Domane+ and it is lighter and has the hpr40. I don’t see any official announcement but another rumor is that it’s the top end of the slr line. Time will tell….
  5. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    I have the same bike and I used the trek/TQ buttons. No problem routing the cables through the headset. I don’t know why they would have used a bulkier connector on your button. Either way, it’s a big improvement to get the buttons by the hoods and off the top tube!
  6. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    Wow, after reading this I’ll change my opinion and encourage you to keep the Aethos for your future rides, and if the Fastlane will work for you now then grab it! Your review made it clear that you were impressed with it and it put a smile on your face. I like the looks of the 10 more than the...
  7. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    You are the right guy to review the fastlane, given your experience with e-bikes and high end non motor bikes! It sounds like a great bike, especially if the geometry agrees with you. It seems to be very similar to your hub drive Scott so that question is easily answered. If you can’t safely...
  8. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    Yeah, would the calories in/out field be measured in bites per mile or bites per hour?
  9. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    The closest I’ve found for energy use during a ride is with my garmin: open the ride in garmin connect after it’s logged, scroll down and select ebike performance. It shows you the % of battery used on the ride and a graph of time in assist levels.
  10. C

    User review BMC Roadmachine 01 AMP X with TQ HPR50

    I like the redshift stem on mine I previously had a specialized Creo with their future shock and really don’t notice a difference between the two. I only ride on the road so it might be different on gravel but our Calif. roads are rough enough so I’m glad to have a bit of suspension. The...
  11. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    Oh, I see it’s the reach you’re concerned with not the stack. The fastlane has cockpit options with 80-110mm reach. And the lower end model uses a stem with options even shorter.
  12. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    I think it rides very well. I have an old specialized roubaix (carbon) that weighs around 21 lbs. I’d much rather ride the BMC even with no assist. The roubaix only feels lighter and more agile when I lift it up, get on or off, and very low speed maneuvers. Everything else, I like the BMC...
  13. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    Yes it’s around 28lbs. It’s a lot like the trek domane+ SLR but I liked the fit better, and it was on sale for about half off. It looked like BMC was downsizing their road ebike offerings last time I looked. You can check Erik’s bikes and Contender bikes (US) for more left over new ones at great...
  14. C

    Another new TQ motor: hpr40

    As far as still getting a good workout on a TQ equipped bike, you definitely will if that’s your goal. On my BMC with a TQ 50 I set the assist% to 35 and max power to 60W in eco mode and I get the same workout as I did on my analog bike. The difference is I ride farther, a bit faster and more...
  15. C

    Anybody tried Clik tire valves?

    Nice review and details of your impression. I found cliks to be an interesting experiment and marginally better when connecting my pump. Then they partially plugged up after a few months (orange seal) so I ditched them for muc off big bore lites. So far I much prefer the big bores and don’t see...
Back