Recent content by BEC111

  1. BEC111

    Where we are in 2026

    For a rational, not humorous perspective — or is it an interpretation? on this topic see this article from electrek: https://electrek.co/2026/09/30/e-bikes-are-giving-teenagers-something-we-thought-theyd-lost/
  2. BEC111

    Where we are in 2026

    “ When my neighbors asked my thoughts on this episode, I basically stated the same conclusions as in the video. I love South Park
  3. BEC111

    Turbo Vado SL 2 6.0 - turns itself on when off and unattended

    Oh well. The capacitor idea was merely a guess. I doubt there are capacitors in the unit. Resolution will be interesting. In keeping with my past tech experience, Specialized will make a firmware update that will fix the problem and not tell us.
  4. BEC111

    Turbo Vado SL 2 6.0 - turns itself on when off and unattended

    I suspect that there are two issues here. The clock being off makes sense if there is no power to the H3 when the bike is powered down so the clock stops running. Perhaps, after a short delay. No battery in the H3 so the capacitor (a guess) that drive the clock discharges and needs to sync with...
  5. BEC111

    Turbo Vado SL 2 6.0 - turns itself on when off and unattended

    My SL2 has only powered on itself twice. To my knowledge. The time is off any time I don’t ride for more than a day. Both of these bugs are annoying but not earth shattering. Specialized has finally realized that their e-bikes are computers on two wheels. They just haven’t quite gotten the...
  6. BEC111

    New Federal E-Bike Legislation March 2026

    The logical (?) end to this is to prohibit anything and everything that anyone anywhere might find disconcerting, discomforting or in any way shape or form might be offensive. I’d say it’s the American way, but humans have behaved this way since time immemorial.
  7. BEC111

    Turbo Vado SL 2 6.0 - turns itself on when off and unattended

    Well, I haven’t noticed an auto turn on since I posted this a few weeks ago. Curious and curiouser.
  8. BEC111

    New from Las Vegas, NV

    I really don’t want to blow this discushion up, but the blurring of the difference between e-motos and e-bikes is the major cause of wide-spread crackdowns on e-bikes around the world. Pointing this out is currently important
  9. BEC111

    Strip new chain grease before lubing with Rock N Roll Gold?

    Been there. Made a wrong turn on a group ride and turned a 40 mile route to a 60 mile trek. On electrical fumes by the en 😀
  10. BEC111

    What’s your preferred cadence?

    Thanks for the direction. I’ll follow you question suggestions on the next group ride as appropriate.
  11. BEC111

    Specialized Turbo Vado SL: An Incredible E-Bike (User Club)

    I’m glad I traded in my SL1 for an SL2 before the battery health had really declined. It was at 90%. After trade in my SL2 cost $2600 so using wishful thinking math I can make believe the new bike actually cost $1600.
  12. BEC111

    E-bike Tour Across the United States

    Greg has an important story and he has once again acted. You can visit the site to learn more here: https://ebiketour.org/
  13. BEC111

    What’s your preferred cadence?

    Thanks for the science and engineering insights. Perhaps I wasn’t entirely clear about my friends’ bikes. They range from road bikes, endurance bikes, mountain bikes, cruisers, and hybrids. All of them are analog. I’ve noticed some of them struggling, and I’m curious about the etiquette of...
  14. BEC111

    What’s your preferred cadence?

    Yes. Proper use of gearing can insure the ability to pedal at that 8–9- rpm cadence.
  15. BEC111

    Riders and lawmakers must understand the actual regulations and intent....

    The Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) has published one of the best e-bike and mobility policy statements I’ve seen. You can read it here: https://waba.org/2026/06/11/lets-talk-about-ebikes-again/
Back