Your guess? - The new Tern ???

Over50

What is it? Will it be e-powered? Hammer smashes light bulb - not electric?

1596628767886.png

"And we think it'll surprise you, in more ways than one. "

"Stay tuned, and see if you can put two and two together."

Good guess Over 50 ; a GSD with belt and suspension ?
That's more likely than a Dual Battery HSD .
HSD + GSD = New GSD

Last edited:
I would like to see a belt drive Vektron with higher capacity payload. Full folder with Bosch performance motor, hydraulic brakes, state of art display with USB charging port, LED lights and front suspension. Thats it! Then only then money will leave my wallet.

I see some of hints...suspension forks, kicks butt (so highest powered Bosch motor), belt drive, and a hammer smashing a light bulb I don't know. Maybe not electric?

14 Speed hub by Rohloff ?
Maybe non-electric HSD touring version ?

Yes, Rohloff E-14. I'm thinking it will be electric because of the weight. With Rohloff, suspension fork, and if they are promoting a kickstand then it must be something heavy duty? But Tern currently does not have a non-electric cargo option so maybe that is a possibility.

1596977194298.png

A while ago I contacted Tern about their folding touring specific offerings or lack thereof .
I was told they were looking for the right drivetrain .

Last edited:
A while ago I contacted Tern about their folding touring specific offerings or lack thereof .
I was told they were looking for the right drivetrain .

They used to have a touring bike which I owned - the Eclipse S18. Non-electric of course. The seatpost doubled as an air pump and it had a dynamo hub and a front rack for low-riders. They did tell me that 24 inch wheels were not a very popular choice for a folding bike so perhaps that is why it isn't offered anymore.

1596982301890.png

Back