Yamaha PW 2015 torque/crank sensor error

tsouk

Hi,

So, my story goes like this :

I bought a second hand batavus e-bike with Yamaha motor from a lady who had barely used the last 2 years. it had 400km !!! For 3 months it served very good. And then the rains started. Last week i was coming back from work with heavy rain. Everything was fine. The day after i used the bike again and just 1 km away from my home the screen started flashing and I've got a flashing LCD Error message which I can't clear. Since then i am unable to use it. I search and the error log and it is error 32 related to torque and crank sensor error. I stated up the bike again and then the motor starts speeding up and goes off after 1 second. It is the error which prevents to continue working.

The bad new are:

- The motor is out of warranty.

- I visited the shop which the bike was purchased to review the situation and i left it for inspection. They called BATAVUS and they told me that I need to replace the motor. YAMAHA is a close system that we do not open. The sensor can not be repaired or changed and therefore you need to buy new motor. They offered a good price(i guess) for a new one (400 euros for new motor) + 80 euros their work to replace it.

- I tried to search this error 32 on web but it appears not to be an often issue.

Any suggestion or experience with Yamaha pw motor would be much helpful. It sounds a bit off to me that if a sensor or even a cable defaults inside the system then you need to buy a whole motor system. But of course i am not an expert :)

Regards,
Christos

Back