Why are page numbers only at the bottom?

Slaphappygamer

Region
USA
City
Aptos
When viewing a thread with multiple pages, the page numbers are only at the bottom. Why? Most forums have page numbers at the top as well as the bottom.

With the page numbers at the bottom, we have to scroll all the way down to find the page numbers. This is cumbersome when there are many pictures in a thread page.

It’s also really to miss previous pages since you have to dig down to see how many pages there are in a particular thread.

Another question.

Why doesn't the menu bar at the top of the page, that has the "alerts", "New Posts", "Forums" and others, remain stationary when you scroll down? It's a standard feature on most other forums I frequent but here, you have to scroll back to the top to access the menu bar.

@Admin , Is it possible to address these issues for the next update?

Last edited:
Another question.

Why doesn't the menu bar at the top of the page, that has the "alerts", "New Posts", "Forums" and others, remain stationary when you scroll down? It's a standard feature on most other forums I frequent but here, you have to scroll back to the top to access the menu bar.

@Admin , Is it possible to address these issues for the next update?
There are other sites that don’t have the top banner you mention, but a “back to top” button that is present in the lower right hand corner. That’s another solution.

The reptilian overlords insist on page number locations. If we don't follow their edicts, we will violate their treaty, and they will invade. So please don't rock the boat!

There are other sites that don’t have the top banner you mention, but a “back to top” button that is present in the lower right hand corner. That’s another solution.
I usually use the "Home" key on my keyboard, but I can't do it using the mouse.
The "Back to Top" button is at the bottom of the page so you have to scroll down to see it.

I usually use the "Home" key on my keyboard, but I can't do it using the mouse.
The "Back to Top" button is at the bottom of the page so you have to scroll down to see it.
YOURE RIGHT!!

I’ve never scrolled down that far before. I see the button.

In this time and age, I don’t think many use a physical keyboard or even know about that function. Kind of like driving, many people know that their car has turn signals, but not everyone knows how to use them.

I joined in late 2022. The page navigation buttons were at both bottom AND top then, as I think they should be. But when EBR migrated from the old green to the current blue color scheme, the buttons at the top disappeared.

The admins asked for feedback on the new look at the time, and several of us replied with requests to restore the page navigation buttons at the top. Never heard back and never got restored.

Back