Why are Bosch motors only 250 watts?

I'm actually glad for once to see some folks on this site actually show a measure of spunk I haven't seen in the past. Sorry for the following rant, but this has been weighing on me for awhile. Feel free to skip to the next thread. You've been warned.
I am getting real tired of the same questions (often inane) asked all the time by people who can't be bothered to come here and first read a bunch of the current threads to make an effort to get a bit of an education. Never mind not even bothering to do a search. A lot of questions come up over and over, even in the same thread, on the same day. At some point, I'd think someone would take a stand.
There's a thread here that just keeps going about guys beating to death about a delivery date, or not, of a particular bike. WTF? Maybe show some courtesy and take it to DMs. ....and no one says anything.
I used to frequent a particular forum that would simply ignore replying to a thread at all, trying to send a message, often finally received. (or not) The long winded answers were usually posted in stickies up top to prevent the real knowledgable, helpful few from wasting time answering the same questions over and over. It bordered on a rudeness level not seen anywhere here, which was a bit over the top, but this site is far too polite.
Just look at some of the questions asked here. A lot of us here came onto this planet long before the internet and actually grew up having to develop some gumption about how to go about finding what we wanted (often needed) answers to. The internet has created a generation of the lazy, that demand immediate gratification. No wonder so many are so easily conned into believing conspiracies. It doesn't require any effort or any critical thinking at all. Perfect. CN

I don't understand how any of this is relevant to the discussion as it rolls back thru the posts. It seems as if the goal here is to just type in quantity, as authoritatively as possible, while maintaining an air of superiority.

You know, I stopped responding to some posts because I realized that the communication was too similar to what you would have with an online banking "chat bot". At some point in the conversation, you reach a point that contradicts or outside of the set of pre-implemented responses/conclusions. When this happens it cycles back to a previous response which is totally irrelevant and you get stuck in this loop.

Actually chatbots can be better since the responses don't usually have this authoritative tone which also exerts superiority.

Well I feel dumber for having read this thread. Just to throw my 2 cents into this pit, I ride a gen2 Bosch Speed motor which was marketed as 350w nominal. Yet it's clearly not the strongest motor in Bosch's lineup.

My bike is fairly heavy, I'm fairly light, and the motor is comparatively weak but it still puts a smile on my face on the ride home after a long day at work.

If you gave me a choice of 50% more motor watts, 50% more leg power, or 50% lighter bike the stronger motor would be a distant third.
And in the end, thats what really matters. You like your bike, who cares what anyone else thinks and your not condescending others who want something different(like more power).

50% lighter would be awesome👍 (everything else being the same)

Last edited:
Please explain? The topic is Bosch motors that are only available with 250 watts. I would hope the replies are to that of the Bosch motors. It is fine if you want to ignore the thread, but you don't need tell us what you plan to do. Just do it.
I'll tell you why... because the podium of condescension said always speaks from requires acknowledgment. And I for one don't pretend to "ignore" as said claims to do, but who's ego won't allow. The irony is that I've been told by said numerous times that I am being ignored, all whilst he's replying to my comment.
As a result, most threads he participates in turns to this and I for one gain a bit of levity from watch him waste his time going off on long winded tangents and rants.
That said, I appreciate and respect @PedalUma much more than said and would never want to quiet his input.
To add to the irony... at the beginning of this thread, PedalUma was defending Bosch's approach to eBike motors... So the fact that he also offends those with the same beliefs is just further proof of how offensive he truly is.

You know, I stopped responding to some posts because I realized that the communication was too similar to what you would have with an online banking "chat bot". At some point in the conversation, you reach a point that contradicts or outside of the set of pre-implemented responses/conclusions. When this happens it cycles back to a previous response which is totally irrelevant and you get stuck in this loop.

Actually chatbots can be better since the responses don't usually have this authoritative tone which also exerts superiority.
Dood... you totally nailed it.

EDIT: And for the record, there are NO wrong answers with respect to whatever it is you choose to ride. What matters is you are riding, and you are enjoying it.

Last edited:
Back