What kind of Battery Range you getting?

jazz

I know there are many variables in regards to battery range but I just want to get an idea on battery range you been getting on your radrover.

Thanks

Last edited:
I do a 14 mile round trip commute up (and down) several large hills, using PAS the whole way. At the end, the battery is ~3 bars. My guess is i'd get another 10 miles out of it.

One member was talking about doing a range test with just throttle, with a constant speed, and on flat ground.

I do a 14 mile round trip commute up (and down) several large hills, using PAS the whole way. At the end, the battery is ~3 bars. My guess is i'd get another 10 miles out of it.

One member was talking about doing a range test with just throttle, with a constant speed, and on flat ground.

At what speed and level PAS?

I usually peg it at PAS 4 on the flats ~17mph, and on the longer moderate hills drop down to PAS3 ~15mph. There's one steep hill where I go down to PAS1 ~10mph.

So for my bike, i'd estimate a range of 25ish miles with a moderate quantity of hills using PAS.

Thanks. I am looking to get one of these or build my own, haven't decided yet

I should have my bike by the end of this month, but I still haven't decided if it's for me yet.

Until I ride it myself, it's tough to know how the speed, range, and handling will feel compared to my current commuter bike. I was hoping to cruise along pretty close to 20 mph the whole time using PAS. My commute is mostly flat, so I'm hoping it will save me 10-15 mins a day to add in the motor. The concern I have with an electric bike is that once you add in the extra weight of everything, the bike is slower than I would normally be, and then using the motor will bring me back up to where I was. That's not enough - I want to augment my current riding, not just equal it.

I should have my bike by the end of this month, but I still haven't decided if it's for me yet.

Until I ride it myself, it's tough to know how the speed, range, and handling will feel compared to my current commuter bike. I was hoping to cruise along pretty close to 20 mph the whole time using PAS. My commute is mostly flat, so I'm hoping it will save me 10-15 mins a day to add in the motor. The concern I have with an electric bike is that once you add in the extra weight of everything, the bike is slower than I would normally be, and then using the motor will bring me back up to where I was. That's not enough - I want to augment my current riding, not just equal it.

To be honest if you want to cruise under PAS at that speed, cadence could be an issue. You might need to swap the front and or rear cogs for a higher gear ratio to make pedaling at 20mph on the bike more feasible.

To be honest if you want to cruise under PAS at that speed, cadence could be an issue. You might need to swap the front and or rear cogs for a higher gear ratio to make pedaling at 20mph on the bike more feasible.

Yes, I plan to swap the cogs for just that purpose.

To follow up on this... my bike arrived last night and I rode it 12 miles to work this morning, with PAS 5 and pedaling in top gear the whole way. I was on mostly flat, smooth pavement and stayed a pretty steady 22-23 mph the whole way. With stop lights and what not, my iphone running the Strava app says I averaged 19.9 mph.

Definitely faster than my normal commute, and just so fun!

Back