Warning: GonPed carbon frames.

Squirrelly

Region
USA
Warning to those buying e-bike frames for custom builds. I purchased through alibaba a frame and an Befang ultra motor from GONPED in china and have been thoroughly ripped off. The bike arrived hundred days late in a beaten battered box with holes and Inside a frame that was irreparable due to a cracked head tube/neck and the befang 620 ultra motor has never worked. I received a message the week before the frame and motor arrived from Anne at GonPed asking me to double check the wiring harness that the factory may have wired it incorrectly and supplied me with a wiring schematic that come to find out was perfectly opposite of how it should be wired and intern has blown every component that it was attached to i.e. display, speed and brake sensors, etc. I filed a claim through Alibaba and I was awarded a full refund. At that time the seller decided they were going to make it right or save face from alibaba and promise to ship me out a new frame and motor and that never happened and as it stands I’m 3k in the hole, so just words of wisdom there’s lots of vendors in China that manufacture and sell bicycle frames and I would steer clear of this one! Do you research there’s a lot of ethical merchant out there!

It's Bafang first of all. Next alibaba... wish.... you get what you paid for. Welcome to the club of many that have been scammed. Sorry and thanks for the heads up on the vendor.

Warning to those buying e-bike frames for custom builds. I purchased through alibaba a frame and an Befang ultra motor from GONPED in china and have been thoroughly ripped off. The bike arrived hundred days late in a beaten battered box with holes and Inside a frame that was irreparable due to a cracked head tube/neck and the befang 620 ultra motor has never worked. I received a message the week before the frame and motor arrived from Anne at GonPed asking me to double check the wiring harness that the factory may have wired it incorrectly and supplied me with a wiring schematic that come to find out was perfectly opposite of how it should be wired and intern has blown every component that it was attached to i.e. display, speed and brake sensors, etc. I filed a claim through Alibaba and I was awarded a full refund. At that time the seller decided they were going to make it right or save face from alibaba and promise to ship me out a new frame and motor and that never happened and as it stands I’m 3k in the hole, so just words of wisdom there’s lots of vendors in China that manufacture and sell bicycle frames and I would steer clear of this one! Do you research there’s a lot of ethical merchant out there!

Why didn't you take the refund when offered.
Have you opened a credit card dispute?

Why didn't you take the refund when offered.
Have you opened a credit card dispute?
I didn't know that was an option. Are you referring to contacting my personal bank and filing a dispute it with them? Thanks for the insight. I'll wait to hear back from you, but I would like to give that a try

Yes... Always use a credit card for purchases. If an item is not received, received when promised, not as described or defective your credit card / bank has protections against this. Have full documentation of what was promised, discussed and received and you should be refunded. Each bank and credit card issuer have different policies and levels of protection so see if you can get a copy of your card aggement for your particular card to better understand going into the process. Don't be afraid to insist with a sympathetic tone if things are at first denied and aren't inline with the aggement. Visa associated banks seem to handle these maters better than Mastercard for some reason.
Good luck

Back