Upgrading the Revi Cheetah battery?

Corporal

Region
USA
I like the bike for its looks and everything but the top speed and range is disappointing if not mis-advertised. The 30 mile range is based off a speed of 5-10mph in my opinion. At top speed (25-28mph) the bike gets 17 miles.
I've seen people online that attached a secondary battery to get more range (though I dont have their know-how in this field). Is there even a chance to give this bike another/more powerful battery? I was looking at these:

There seems to be a shortage of bicycle shops willing or able to work on e-bikes. Any info will be helpful.

you can't just throw in a higher voltage battery to your bike and hope it's ok unless you're willing to potentially burn up the bikes electronics. the controller, display, and potentially motor are all expecting a specific voltage range and exceeding that is asking for trouble.

however it does look like revi just uses a generic xt60 connector for their batteries so if you want to save some bucks and get an extra pack with some more amp hours it should be easy enough. UPP is not well known for their quality but they do seem more reputable than the other budget brands (chamrider and litokala to name a few). if you want to get something that will maybe outlast even the bike look at em3ev, or for something that's quality but won't break the bank look up Jenny from Aijiu on this forum and send her a message.

if you are going to ride with multiple batteries don't go crazy with all these y splitters and stuff people do to try and hook up multiple batteries at once to their bikes, it's dangerous and pointless. ride one until it's near empty and then plug in the next one.

It's a known issue that bike shops won't work on internet only sales eBikes. Just no benefit for them and I agree with them. If you want service you buy what the shop sells. I would like to see name brand cells in the battery packs I buy.

I like the bike for its looks and everything but the top speed and range is disappointing if not mis-advertised. The 30 mile range is based off a speed of 5-10mph in my opinion. At top speed (25-28mph) the bike gets 17 miles.
I've seen people online that attached a secondary battery to get more range (though I dont have their know-how in this field). Is there even a chance to give this bike another/more powerful battery? I was looking at these:

There seems to be a shortage of bicycle shops willing or able to work on e-bikes. Any info will be helpful.
Hi corporal,
I experienced the same problem with my Cheetah, so I added a 48v/20ah rear rack battery and connected them all to a fusion datex battery combiner and its been working great for months.Cable management, to keep the bike looking "clean", is the hardest part. I am 6'1 235lbs and I consistently get 40+ miles on the highest PAS level and still have 2-3 bars left.

Attachments

• 20230125_010132.jpg
    20230125_010132.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 20230131_142209.jpg
    20230131_142209.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Back