yurmix

Region
USA
Hi, I recently purchased a Como SL 5.0. It's a great e-bike for my needs!
However, I'm not impressed with the TDC (computer) it comes with and I'd like to upgrade.
What are my options?
I was thinking of attaching my smartphone with an adapter (i.e. https://komcycling.com/products/garminphoneadapter), as the phone has a Specialized app which communicate via bluetooth.
However, I was wondering if it's worthwhile purchasing a dedicated computer (like a Garmin Edge?) To have a more dedicated experience.
Any thoughts? I never had a cycling computer, so I'm not sure whether it has superior experience to a smartphone, I just assume it does.

Hi, I recently purchased a Como SL 5.0. It's a great e-bike for my needs!
However, I'm not impressed with the TDC (computer) it comes with and I'd like to upgrade.
What are my options?
I was thinking of attaching my smartphone with an adapter (i.e. https://komcycling.com/products/garminphoneadapter), as the phone has a Specialized app which communicate via bluetooth.
However, I was wondering if it's worthwhile purchasing a dedicated computer (like a Garmin Edge?) To have a more dedicated experience.
Any thoughts? I never had a cycling computer, so I'm not sure whether it has superior experience to a smartphone, I just assume it does.

I've spent a limited time with the SL bikes, I believe you can use a Garmin as the main head unit. I had my Levo SL hooked up to the TCD as well as Garmin and it seemed to work well. If you do go the Garmin route you can pair it with the Varia radar rear light to let you know what's approaching you from behind which seems handy depending on one's comfort in urban/road settings.

Most definitely get a Garmin Edge it will serve you well you can also use your phone garmin has more options and more info for you while you ride, good luck

It could be a Wahoo ELEMNT as well. Unlike Garmin Edge, Wahoo ELEMNT can report the status of not only the main SL battery but also of the Range Extender.

You would need a Wahoo mount though.

1700892967911.png

Last edited:
Back