UK Bikers Tactic to stop Bad Drivers.

I have no issues with the use of cameras and have reported numerous drivers. Some of those reports have resulted in fines over AU$600.

I now prefer a bike-mounted camera, but having a helmet-mounted camera has proved very beneficial in one of those incidents, resulting in a fine as it showed that the driver had been speeding (was out of sight around a corner when I entered the intersection) and then her driving straight through the stop sign and the contemptuous look on her face (the look is not an offence by the way).

Just one example from my favourite roundabout (not) when I was still commuting.

Last edited:
1710899433159.png

A carambol in Old Kent Road, South London. How could it happen at low speed in the congested traffic?
(Photo courtesy @Brix)

I have no issues with the use of cameras and have reported numerous drivers. Some of those reports have resulted in fines over AU$600.

I now prefer a bike-mounted camera, but having a helmet-mounted camera has proved very beneficial in one of those incidents, resulting in a fine as it showed that the driver had been speeding (was out of sight around a corner when I entered the intersection) and then her driving straight through the stop sign and the contemptuous look on her face (the look is not an offence by the way).

Just one example from my favourite roundabout (not) when I was still commuting.

Thank you.

This is awesome! Plain and simple this is the best thing I've read in a long time. I really need to get my DJI up and running. Our state is starting to use speed cameras in school zones and construction zones. They did a month issuing warnings and have recently went live. Combined they got something like 1500 fines issued on the FIRST DAY of operation! Just ridiculous. The only way to get someones attention is to hit them in the wallet.

I still have the front/rear cameras in both of our cars. I know Italy has dumb drivers as well and they hate the speed cameras that are now popping up all over Italy. People are cutting the speed cameras down! They feel its their right to drive fast. It's simple, just learn how to drive safely and show some respect to others.

This is awesome! Plain and simple this is the best thing I've read in a long time. I really need to get my DJI up and running. Our state is starting to use speed cameras in school zones and construction zones. They did a month issuing warnings and have recently went live. Combined they got something like 1500 fines issued on the FIRST DAY of operation! Just ridiculous. The only way to get someones attention is to hit them in the wallet.

I still have the front/rear cameras in both of our cars. I know Italy has dumb drivers as well and they hate the speed cameras that are now popping up all over Italy. People are cutting the speed cameras down! They feel its their right to drive fast. It's simple, just learn how to drive safely and show some respect to others.
Thank you

I know that since I have installed Front and rear camera's on both my bikes, the local traffic seems to give the required 3' passing distance by NV state law, now..
Within the first 2 weeks of when I started riding, I was run off the road twice within on week.
I have installed this camera system, which works VERY WELL, and takes outstanding video's and are motion free, very sharp details etc. I have also added a helmet camera for general purpose.

Thanks Matt.

Car dashcams have become very popular, and rightly so. Why not bike dashcams too? I’ve been running dashcams in our cars for 6 years, since witnessing a brutal hit and run.

Over time more drivers will assume that bicyclists have recording devices, especially with e-bikes.

Cyclic is great, but we need a budget market too, a $100-200 “set it and forget it” solution. There are excellent options for cars in that range.

I have installed this camera system, which works VERY WELL, and takes outstanding video's and are motion free, very sharp details etc. I have also added a helmet camera for general purpose.

Thanks Matt.
You bet! Glad it has helped. I too noticed different driver behavior around me when a plainly visible camera is on the bike.

I kind'a thought that when I also installed my traffic stick,
that some of the local yokels would see how close they could get, But I have a very sharp/hard surprise waiting for them.
The local state troopers got a big laugh out of the surprise, should leave positive proof that didn't leave the required 3' passing distance. I think the camera's scare them...
I have to take a good photo of the surprise, as I don't have a photo in this plastic box.

I kind'a thought that when I also installed my traffic stick,
that some of the local yokels would see how close they could get, But I have a very sharp/hard surprise waiting for them.
The local state troopers got a big laugh out of the surprise, should leave positive proof that didn't leave the required 3' passing distance. I think the camera's scare them...
I have to take a good photo of the surprise, as I don't have a photo in this plastic box.
a tune i made up years ago" my little car knocker" sung to the tune of "i'm a girl watcher" this was back in the day when i had to deal with 4 wheelers when driving a truck its something like this
"my little car knocker,
my little car knocker,
got brake checked by a little compact,,
hit my little car knocker and brushed her out of the way,
someone tried to stall me on the hill,
used my little car knocker,and brushed her out of the way( sorry about the gender woman seemed to be the worse, especially woman bus drivers,must be an entitlement thing) feel free to finish this little doggy tune.
early on driving a truck you learn to avoid children,cyclists,dogs,school buses and slow down in residential areas.

Last edited:
He is undoubtedly drawing attention to the cyclist plight in London, But Vine is such a complete odious prat, that half the country is cheering for him to get run over 😂.
Sean Lock openly stated his despise of him, which says it all.

Reactions: twy
No problem with riding with a camera on the bars or your helmet, filming, and reporting, the worst offenders who nearly cause accidents. Or suing them if they do. And I know that London, in particular, is really, really dangerous for cyclists. i understand the frustration.

But reporting 1,700 motorists? Suing someone for calling you a name?

I don't think we need more of that. Sounds like these guys were invited, by bad motorists, to participate in road rage, and they accepted the invitation.

My general feeling? Just don't get into it with people on the road or the street. Don't engage. If someone pisses you off, pull over until you cool off. Doesn't mean you were at fault, doesn't mean you're a wuss.

Don't sink to the same level as the drivers. No good will come of that.

He sues everyone who challenges any of his pedantic outburts, using high end BBC lawyers.

He got one guy 5 years in prison after he sent a friend of his emails complaining about him.
He turned up and cried that his life was being destroyed by emails not even sent to him that were merely humurous attacks on his personality.

A carefully scripted performance, comparing the man to a molesting predator

He's still in prison, lost everything, his house and family.

Odious member of the boys club

He sues everyone who challenges any of his pedantic outburts, using high end BBC lawyers.

He got one guy 5 years in prison after he sent a friend of his emails complaining about him.
He turned up and cried that his life was being destroyed by emails not even sent to him that were merely humurous attacks on his personality.

A carefully scripted performance, comparing the man to a molesting predator

He's still in prison, lost everything, his house and family.

Odious member of the boys club
this happens more often than one might think,instituted by weak ,selfish individuals.

I regularly report dangerous drivers to SNAP- Wales UK, GoSafe, on average one a month, results ranging from driver awareness training to a £600 fine and 6 points one got, lorry driving the wrong way down a road, owner failing to disclose driver details, I also have REAR camera"S" on my bike and front. You never know if one is working so 2 rear one front one helmet.

You have been warned.

It is funny, I DAILY have them come up my rear, then slowly back off

Attachments

• Img_1757.jpg
    Img_1757.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 27
Back