Trying to find a way to store my bike vertically. (radmission with rear rack)

mutazoid

Would a bikenook work with a radmission with a rear rack?
Trying to find a way to store my bike vertically.

The video doesn't show them loading any bikes with racks. They also have this on the FAQ;
Can the Bike Nook store an E-Bike?
E-Bikes are fitted with a battery. Depending on where the battery is positioned on the E-Bike, the weight of the battery can cause instability when attempting to store the E-Bike on the Bike Nook™. For this reason, the Bike Nook™ is not suitable for storing E-Bikes.

There are wall mounted racks like this on Scamazon and some larger LBS. But I have no experience with them.And even with the battery out you would need a pully to lift it.

Attachments

• 61AyKrzHTkL._AC_SX1000_SY750_.jpg
    61AyKrzHTkL._AC_SX1000_SY750_.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 320
Ever notice how bike mechanics move bikes around a crowded shop by standing them up the back wheel and maneuvering them around holding on to the bar grips? All you need is one of those padded hooks from Home Depot or a hardware store at the right height for the front wheel at a good down angle and voila! You are storing your bike vertically. Don't use the squared shape hook. The U shaped hook with a lag bolt type screw on the end is what you want. You must hit a stud in the wall however. Drill a pilot hole a tad smaller than the diameter of the threads on the lag bolt end and twist your hook in. I used about a 45 degree angle and my bike held up there really well. The back wheel needs to be almost on the wall to insure the bike is leaning out against the hook for the bike to stay up. The hook holds the front wheel about 5 or 6 inches out from the wall. No lifting necessary. Vertical bike rack for about 2 bucks.

Edit: If you've never moved a bike this way, remember to have a finger on the rear brake to help control the verticality.

Last edited:
Ever notice how bike mechanics move bikes around a crowded shop by standing them up the back wheel and maneuvering them around holding on to the bar grips? All you need is one of those padded hooks from Home Depot or a hardware store at the right height for the front wheel at a good down angle and voila! You are storing your bike vertically. Don't use the squared shape hook. The U shaped hook with a lag bolt type screw on the end is what you want. You must hit a stud in the wall however. Drill a pilot hole a tad smaller than the diameter of the threads on the lag bolt end and twist your hook in. I used about a 45 degree angle and my bike held up there really well. The back wheel needs to be almost on the wall to insure the bike is leaning out against the hook for the bike to stay up. The hook holds the front wheel about 5 or 6 inches out from the wall. No lifting necessary. Vertical bike rack for about 2 bucks.
Excellent. I wondered about doing that inside my high top van, but figured it would come flying off if I hit the brakes.

Excellent. I wondered about doing that inside my high top van, but figured it would come flying off if I hit the brakes.
Bungee the front wheel to the hook. Two or three wraps. Install attachments and bungee the bottom wheel or the frame against the vertical surface. Could flop side to side but that could be obviated easily.

Bungee the front wheel to the hook. Two or three wraps. Install attachments and bungee the bottom wheel or the frame against the vertical surface. Could flop side to side but that could be obviated easily.
Hey, bungee cord engineering is something I can do. Even safety straps ...

Caution over those vertical racks or front wheel hooks for vertical storage... If your ebike has a rear fender the end of that fender will scrape against your garage floor as you try to flip the front up by trying to heave a 55-60lb bike up to hook that front wheel rim.
When taking the bike down, if not careful you can crush that part of the rear fender.
Yep. I hadn't considered the rear fender and floor, but I did think about the weight ... 48lbs including battery... and the momentium of that weight at 70 mph...:oops:

Caution over those vertical racks or front wheel hooks for vertical storage... If your ebike has a rear fender the end of that fender will scrape against your garage floor as you try to flip the front up by trying to heave a 55-60lb bike up to hook that front wheel rim.
When taking the bike down, if not careful you can crush that part of the rear fender.
True. Didn't think of that. Probably cause I've never had a bike with fenders. Well, not since I was about 8 yo anyway. Nothing against fenders. I'd have shorter ones if I did have fenders though. :)

Yep. I hadn't considered the rear fender and floor, but I did think about the weight ... 48lbs including battery... and the momentium of that weight at 70 mph...:oops:
Yeah, I wouldn't want to lift even my regular MTB up to a hook. My hook leaves the wheel on the floor. Thus not a good idea for bikes with long fenders.

If I get a chance I will take pics of my buddys rear fender on his ebike I will show them here.
It's all crushed and rubs against his rear wheel. He has to use his hands to bend it upwards before he goes on his ride.

I remember when he showed me his ebike for the first time. I saw the tip of his rear fender all whitish/greyish in color and bent. (the fenders are flat black aluminum, plastic fenders may hold up better)
I asked him what is that all about. Then he showed me how he tried to heave that heavy bike upright then try to get it parallel with the wall then with all his might try to push it up just about 2 inches to get it hooked. Was funny watching him do that.
All the while that fender was scraping against the ground.
Now I don't think he even bothers using that rack anymore.
Mine are plastic. I think I could cut the rear fender off several inches if necessary. Tin snips and hacksaw...then glue on a piece of flexible rubber or something.

Edit: If you've never moved a bike this way, remember to have a finger on the rear brake to help control the verticality.
We hang our mech bikes on wall hooks leaving floor space beneath them for compressors etc. The ebikes are too heavy for this, but would work with the 'tip 'em up in the air' approach, except for those long metal Dry Tech fenders on the Specialized Vado bikes. I like the fenders too much to shorten them so I guess I'll live with hating the mech bikes and walking around the ebikes! 🤣

Back