Troublesome Emotion X35 Mahle motor

Esensium300W

Region
United Kingdom
Hi every one.

I recently assisted my lady friend purchase her first road ebike, a 2020 model second hand LaPierier Esensium 300W bicycle for £1600. Purchased secondhand from BikeWorks in central Derby. It appeared to operate fine for the first 3 months, then the motor started intermittently cutting off. When it worked it was great, ideal for her, overcoming her Asthma that holds her back loads, especially riding up hills. The bike shop offered us a three month warranty, which has now elapsed. So the supposed second hand electric assist bicycle bargain I thought I'd found might turn out a lot more expensive.

Glad I found this forum, loads of information to be had and shared.

Phil (Esensium300W)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 164
Hi. I have the same issue with my ebike motion x35 engine. On steep climbs the engine cuts out for one or two seconds randomly. Did you find any solution for this? Peter

Last edited:
Not yet Peter. The problem is still on going. Rutland water Cycles Whittwell, UK have offered to take a look, as have Pure Electrics Derby, UK. The bike is presently at another bike shop with a guy who told me and my girl friend he can by pass the Mahle software and hardware system set up. He intends fitting the bike with his own electrical systems and software, bypassing the problematic Mahle ebike motion set up with an alternative. So me and my girl friend are waiting to see what the out come will be. The bike shop owner seemed genuine and confident. I’m a little sceptical and bothered by the longevity of this persons final solution even if it works successfully.

Back