Transporting the Cheetah

sw20td06

Region
USA
Hi all. I'm wondering how everyone transports their Cheetah via their SUV, Truck, etc. We plan on taking a road trip soon and was looking for a hitch carrier that could handle the weight and overall size of the cheetah. I have two ebikes I want to carry. The cheetah and a smaller Revi Runabout. Anyone out their recommend a good hitch that would meet the size and space requirements of such a heavy/large ebike like the Cheetah? If you have pics, please post them too! Thanks!

Currently, I carry my Cheetah on a motorcycle rack behind our motor-home but there are more manufactures addressing the need for more heavy-duty carriers for the added weight of our E-Bikes.

Here's a few to checkout;

20200829_144257-01.jpeg
20200829_144257-01.jpeg

Great photo chipgibbs! We use a simular tow hitch carrier on our motorhome and simply load the Cheetah in the bed of the
truck with the tailgate down and my daughters bike goes in the back of the cab with the seats folded up. Great truck too!

Ds6ebbH.jpg

@Mr Miyagi Thank you for those links.
@chipgibbs That's what I was thinking too, to use a motorcycle carrier, however I need that two bicycle capacity for the wife's ebike.

I ended up going with this rack https://hollywoodracks.com/products/rv-rider?variant=31819472437317

I needed a rack that I could place in my SUV that I tow behind my motorhome. I've tried this setup this weekend (not towing behind motorhome yet) and it worked great. I have a rear hitch swing tire carrier and have this rack attached to it. The rack is heavy duty and very stout. Revi bikes list the weight at 75 lbs for the Cheetah. I have the mid drive, so I know it is a bit heavier but I think it is below the 80 lb limit for the rack. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Back