The Tesla of bikes has arrived! Introducing the Lauva e-bike! Now on kickstarter

PvL

A breakthrough in e-bike style and function. Help support this beautiful product on kickstarter and feel good that you will also be supporting the preservation of the Lion population, the inspiration behind the design.

upload_2017-11-28_14-56-1.png

I looked at these a little while back. Nice to have an e bike that looks like a regular bike; the Faraday does that as
well. I think they're okay for someone who prefers a regular road bike, but would like a bit of extra power. They
look to be practical with or without power. I love the power & acceleration of my Juiced CCS, but it's not very
rideable without the motor. These would seem to fit the dual niche.

I looked at these a little while back. Nice to have an e bike that looks like a regular bike; the Faraday does that as
well. I think they're okay for someone who prefers a regular road bike, but would like a bit of extra power. They
look to be practical with or without power. I love the power & acceleration of my Juiced CCS, but it's not very
rideable without the motor. These would seem to fit the dual niche.
It's a great looking bike, but current technology allows for either a bike that doesn't look like an ebike, or an obviously electricity-powered bike with significant power and range. Electric motors have been around for over a hundred years, and while new materials and technologies have shrunk them considerably, I don't foresee them getting a whole lot smaller while still offering the power of today's motors. Magnets and coils aren't going to shrink a whole lot. I am looking forward to smaller, more powerful batteries in the near future, but for now I'm happy with an ebike that looks like a well designed ebike.

The campaign barely made it. Doing the math they had 22 contributors total and the total contribution per adds up to more than their highest support level offering. So perhaps the principles threw in some faux funds to move the bar high enough to get it to look like it was a success. At which point KS releases the funds into their account.

La uva. The grape? Well, if they are from Spain then they should know that Desiknio seems to have beat them to market by a long ways with a very similar looking bike. So not sure how this one is such a "breakthrough bike". And the "Tesla" of this or that sure seems to get thrown around a lot. Just put in "Tesla of E bikes" in Youtube and see what you get.

Reactions: JRA
There is a single speed and a pinion option for those who need gears:

I see the simplicity with this bike with the smooth welds and light weight streamline looks, however, is way too over priced for the market which I think is going to hurt the sales of this bike. There are several other bikes on the market that sell for much less at approx 34lbs for less than $1000 US. I like the carbon belt driven system, however, does not set this bike too much apart from the others in the same class. The price needs to be reduced by a large margin to sell these in the market IMHO.

Last edited:
I see the simplicity with this bike with the smooth welds and light weight streamline looks, however, is way too over priced for the market which I think is going to hurt the sales of this bike.

According to the written review, there is only going to be 100 made for 2018. Given those numbers, they may sell out.

There are several other bikes on the market that sell for much less at approx 34lbs for less than $1000 US.

It isn't always about weight or specs. There is zero doubt in my mind that the Desiknio is a much higher quality bicycle than the $1K competition. It's like the difference between a Rolex and a Timex; even though they both tell time, they are not the same, nor are they made for the same customer. Me, I'll take the Seiko. ;)

Back