Tax on new e-bikes. Depends on where it is bought ?

Santa

Region
USA
Hypothetical question. Suppose I wanted to buy a e-bike from say Lectric in Arizona. say On $999 . What would tax be ? I know I could just contact their site, but I’m not ready to talk about any deals yet.Thanks.

I looked up their sales tax for Arizona. Looks like 5.6% and up. kinda all over the place. I’m in Texas. Ours like 6.25% + what ever the city adds on. Thanks for any replies.

Last edited:
Hypothetical question. Suppose I wanted to buy a e-bike from say Lectric in Arizona. say On $999 . What would tax be ? I know I could just contact their site, but I’m not ready to talk about any deals yet.Thanks.
Regarding Sales tax on a Lectric ebike....Since Lectric e-bikes has become such huge company via the Internet, my guess they are required
to collect the sales tax at the rate where the bike is sold / shipped to and they remit the $$s to the respective state...Similar to the eBay and other
online retailers do.... A call to Lectric would clarify for certain.

I believe it would be based on where the bike is shipped. I bought one for around that same price from Lectric and they shipped to my home in CA and the tax was approx 9%. I would budget between 7-10%.

To calculate that, I usually add items to the cart and progress through the “checkout”. Shipping and tax are usually displayed before you input your payment info. Of course, you don’t fill any payment info out. Then, when you have the shipping and tax calculated, remove the items from your cart and leave the site. I like to take a screenshot when comparing prices.

Back