Suggestions for ebike around $1500?

pveer

Region
USA
I'm looking for my first ebike. My daily rides are around 4-5 miles. The route is reasonably hilly. I'm 5'10" and 180 lbs. My priorities are ease of use, less complaints (peaceful maintenance), removable battery and good brakes. I prefer step thrus.
I've shortlisted the following and am open to new suggestions: Ride1up 500/700, Radcity 3, Radcity plus 5 and Trek Townie Go! 7D.
Also, how long do the batteries last and how much do replacements cost?
Thank you in advance for your support!

Ride1up's battery prices are good IMO and and you can't go wrong with either the 500 or the 700. Just depends on the specs you want.

Another thing to look at and compare along with the battery specs (cells, size) and replacement cost, would be the other bike components and electrical components. Some companies use cheaper or non-branded: forks, shifters, derailleurs, brake calipers (among others) while charging more than other brands that don't. I have a 500 Series and got the extended battery . 700 Series has some nice upgrades.

I have the Ecotric Seagull. It's a 1000 watt mtb, but I converted mine to a cruiser for streets and trails. Raised pulled back handlebars and suspension seat post. Added Schwalbe Big Ben Plus tires that are damn near bulletproof. Smooth ride with front suspension. 40 mile range. 28 mph. $1,300. Love it. Nearly 2 years old and still working great!

I like my 700, but my routes just have the occasional big hill, and I pedal hard. If I had more bigger/longer hills or didn't want to put as much effort into pedaling, I would probably go with a mid-drive bike. Actually, I would still like to get a mid-drive drive bike and have some in mind, but I would still keep my 700.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I cut down on my budget and went with the core-5. Its my first bike/ebike. So looking forward to it.

Back