Stromer Management

D

Deleted member 803

Had a chance to chat with Stromer Management. Stromer had a separate booth presence from BMC and was showing the ST2S.

Stromer is still under the umbrella of BMC however Stromer operations are now autonomous and all Stromer focused employees now report to a Stromer counterpart rather than a BMC counterpart. For example, the US National Sales Mgr. for Stromer used to report to the GM of BMC USA. He now reports directly to Stromer senior sales management in Berne.

This is a good move for Stromer as it allows their management team to drive efforts directly rather than through BMC country managers. There was no talk of acqusition/merger and the Swiss management team I met with were focused and excited about the product line.

They should be, with a population of 300 million Americans vs. the 8 million in their own country. Prolly excited just to be in Vegas

They should be, with a population of 300 million Americans vs. the 8 million in their own country. Prolly excited just to be in Vegas

hmmm, sounded like a simple population difference noted to me. I'm hoping you didn't intend to sound so superior and judgmental.

I don't know how to drag a qoute down here- so "the Swiss management team I met with were focused and excited about product line"
And I said "they should be bla bla bla based solely on the fact that usa has 300 million possible customers vs. 8 million in their own country. PERIOD
I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT SWISS PEOPLE OTHER THAN MY 20 year old Rolex is awesome and worth more than I paid for it, and I think enough of their bicycles to have bought 2 of them$10,ooo.00 and try to sell other people on the brand every chanc I get.
If anyone reads anything derogatory in my statement- I apologize

Stromer is still under the umbrella of BMC however Stromer operations are now autonomous...

Thanks for sharing your US-based information. I have not sufficient insight, but it seems, Bergamont was also kept as a independent company. CEO Erwin Steinmann is known as a expert with x-ray eyes regarding costs and structure. I expect, my Stromer AG has its own, consolidated balance sheet. As the company is now differentiated from BMC, a potential investor could take it over from one day to another. Until then Andy Rhis pays the bill...

I don't know all the names of the players, but the bike is so good, and the U.S. sales potential so huge, I only wish I was younger(and without heart failure). I would be a dealer, and really sell the bikes with enthusiasm I've yet to encounter out here on the west coast.
And as an American, I don't feel superior to any other nationality, but still an American.

Harley revenue in 2014 6.9 billion. Yet a few years before, new ceo read thru books and killed buell from lineup due to lack of profit.
Bmc grossed 190 million euro, and Stromer peeps need to consider that. Seems corporations will dump a very cool brand, due to last quarters earnings......
Buell started up again, and is working his way back into news.......
Stromer has buell coolness and quality, hopefully it will continue strong. The inventor and designers deserve success for their efforts.
Harley was a joke mid- seventies, but they have rebounded to dominate, hope Stromer will too.

Back