Street Hoops for my Hydra

Cuz Vinny

96F04960-7893-470C-8837-35864EF0F5B8.jpeg
1E91498C-15A1-4D27-8A3B-7187FE37A051.jpeg
85543FF6-2A47-42AE-B39E-D6F720AEE0A7.jpeg

Going to build a set of street wheels for my Hydra as there is simply no way I can justify spending another 6 - 7k on another bike at this time. I’ll use the bike for both street and trail riding. I’m using the same wheels that came on the bike, Duroc 40 to keep things simple and costs down. Of course I need the Hope Floating Rotors in orange to match what’s currently on the bike and the tires are Schwalbe Super Moto’s in 27.5 X 2.4. These are Ebike rated for speeds up to 35 mph, very durable and low rolling resistance. The cassette will be the same that’s on the bike now, Shimano XT 10 speed which will hopefully keep any adjustments to a minimum. Total cost is $850.00.

Since all the parts are basically what’s currently on the bike now swapping wheels should be pretty easy with minimal adjustments needed.

I like it

Cuz Vinny it look like the tires WW use for the race track to set world record mile ride on an e bike. Are you making Race Track version orange crush? Or your roads are built like a race track.
Surface roads here will destroy tyres at a fast rate.
It’s actually a very durable tire made specifically for Ebikes.

View attachment 94634View attachment 94635View attachment 94636
Going to build a set of street wheels for my Hydra as there is simply no way I can justify spending another 6 - 7k on another bike at this time. I’ll use the bike for both street and trail riding. I’m using the same wheels that came on the bike, Duroc 40 to keep things simple and costs down. Of course I need the Hope Floating Rotors in orange to match what’s currently on the bike and the tires are Schwalbe Super Moto’s in 27.5 X 2.4. These are Ebike rated for speeds up to 35 mph, very durable and low rolling resistance. The cassette will be the same that’s on the bike now, Shimano XT 10 speed which will hopefully keep any adjustments to a minimum. Total cost is $850.00.
Since all the parts are basically what’s currently on the bike now swapping wheels should be pretty easy with minimal adjustments needed.
New wheels looks sweet Vinny, would be interesting to see what kind of range improvements you get with the upgrade.

Back