st2 clicking

beer8

i have a little clicking on every pedal rotation. it is in every gear. not affecting performance but just a distraction. anyone know what it could be. it clicks when right pedal is at top of rotation.

It could be a pedal bearing. Most times I get that tick...tick...tick... on every revolution it's the pedal bearings. It can happen with even the best pedals. Next I would look to the bottom bracket bearings. These ticks can happen due to dirt, lack of lubrication or incorrect torque applied to the bearings.

Like this:

I had a loose crank bolt on my ST2 after 2weeks of riding. That was causing some weird noises.

awesome! mine's making the same clicking. Can't be worn out at less than 100 miles, whats the deal here? ST1 here.

When my bike arrived, the front derailleur cable extended past the clamping screw so that it touched the right crank arm every time it passed through the top of its rotation.

In my case, I wrapped the cable around the clamping screw so that it would not touch the crank arm.

awesome! mine's making the same clicking. Can't be worn out at less than 100 miles, whats the deal here? ST1 here.
No, not likely worn out. If it's a pedal bearing, the click can come and go, as often it's dirt that will work it's way out with a good washing and some riding. It is a serviceable item though and noise often means maintenance is required (clean & lube), with any bearing noise. Bearings on bikes will tell you "click" when they want attention. Given your bike is new, it may be covered under warranty.

Hub motors can also get a little noisy in dry, dusty, dirty environments, but that's not what we're talking about here.

Hope you got it sorted out.

When it's hoisted and I turn the pedals no noise. Takes a bit of resistance to show up I guess. I'll have to try cleaning it. Thanks!

When my bike arrived, the front derailleur cable extended past the clamping screw so that it touched the right crank arm every time it passed through the top of its rotation.

In my case, I wrapped the cable around the clamping screw so that it would not touch the crank arm.
I had the same problem and found the same solution.

Back