(Smart System) Performance Line Sport impressions?

AvalancheRun

Region
USA
Just saw that this motor is used in the the new Tern HSD. It's a 75 nm Smart System motor, but Class 3.
Curious to hear owner impressions. Is the Performance Line Sport as quiet as the Class 1 Performance Line?

Really hoping more manufacturers offer these in the US market.

It is almost certainly mechanically the same as your drive unit, but Bosch will never confirm it.

The gen3 Performance Line for the smart system got released a little late to make this year's models so it makes sense that most mfgrs focused on the class 1 models first.

I expect that now that Bosch has updated all the gen3 and gen4 motors along with releasing a full range of batteries and displays/controllers for the Smart System we'll see rapid adoption by the brands in next year's models and system2 will be completely deprecated by 2025.

It is almost certainly mechanically the same as your drive unit, but Bosch will never confirm it.

The gen3 Performance Line for the smart system got released a little late to make this year's models so it makes sense that most mfgrs focused on the class 1 models first.

I expect that now that Bosch has updated all the gen3 and gen4 motors along with releasing a full range of batteries and displays/controllers for the Smart System we'll see rapid adoption by the brands in next year's models and system2 will be completely deprecated by 2025.
Bosch hard-code the information in their motors even if the motors could be identical but are to serve different purposes and regions. As a Bosch E-Bike U.S. support person patiently explained in these Fora, even Bosch cannot change the information hard-coded in a specific motor model for a given region.

I’m not at all surprised it could be the same exact motor. It’s got plenty of shove right up to 20 mph and then an artificial wall.

Curious to see if the 85 nm smart system motors are as quiet, and maybe what’s next for Bosch in terms of power. :)

Priority claims 140 nm from their mid drive, but by one owner here it’s about the same feeling as the 85 nm speed motor in their R&M. Haven’t read a comparison yet to the 90 nm Specialized Brose.

Back