Six three zero 2 seater

I quickly regretted buying a 2-wheel Everjourney in 2022. It was advertised as 28 mph. Once it arrived, customer service informed me that it was limited to 20 mph for my safety. That must have been boilerplate because I hadn't asked. It was such an unsafe bike that I hadn't dared take it past 15. Months went by and they continued to advertise it as a 28-mph bike on their site and at Amazon. Liars.

I had found that the display required a password even to reset the trip meter. They told me customers weren't allowed to know the password because e-bikes are too complicated.

I'd told them a second reason I wanted the password: to check the settings. It was advertised at 500 watts, and unlike a Radpower bike, it would indeed produce the advertised mechanical power. One might expect PAS 1 to be 50 watts or so. It was 350. That meant having PAS on at all was potentially fatal unless you were on a dragstrip or some other place where you wouldn't have to steer sharply or watch your speed; that 350 watts would continue to accelerate you after you stopped pedaling. Besides, it meant you couldn't get exercise with PAS on.

In my book, the swept back bars were an even worse hazard. I hadn't intended to go over 15 until I put on something more stable.

I saw no choice but to send it back. Styrofoam seems like a good way to pack an e-bike. It holds each piece in place and reinforces the box. It had been sent without styrofoam. My back was killing me because the strange way it was packed required hours of bending over to unpack. Now with my aching back I'd have to figure out how to place and protect each piece. The box had arrived falling apart. The company used to sell boxes for returns, but they'd changed their policy. What's more, the said they would reject returns unless the box matched the original dimensions. How was the consumer even to know what those dimensions were?

At the same time, the sales manager had posted a youtube video demonstrating what he called to best way to unpack an Evryjourney: use a box cutter to slice the box into pieces. I'd wondered how Sixthreezero had dared send me a bike that was blatantly falsely advertised, blatantly defective, and blatantly unsafe. They'd intended to make their junk impossible to return.

Repacking took me ten difficult days. The front wheel was the most difficult part. It went on the left side. The distance across the cranks, outside to outside, was the same as the depth of the box, I think 8 inches. There wasn't room for the wheel behind or ahead of the left crank, so somehow they had to occupy the same place. Nothing from Sixthreezero showed it, but a youtube video from an auto mechanic happened to show it. The left crank was laced through the spokes. The only way to do that was to loosen several spokes. One reason I'd bent over so long in unpacking was that I'd had to tighten a lot of front spokes before it was fit to ride. Now I knew why.

I figured Fedex had ways to reinforce the decrepit box. In the mean time, I used a lot of tape and rope. It had been delivered to my door, but to return it, I had to get it to a pickup point. The only thing I had to carry a box that big and heavy and weak was the flat bed of a garden cart.

I was glad to see the last of that Sixthreezero bike. I'm sorry to hear they're still in business.

Last edited:
Back