Schwalbe Big Ben or Big Ben Plus?

JGcycle

Region
Canada
City
Saint John
I am replacing the tires on my bike (2023 Voltbike Bravo), and was wondering if Schwalbe Big Ben tires are sufficient for my bike, or should I go with the Schwalbe Big Ben Plus tires?

I am replacing the tires on my bike (2023 Voltbike Bravo), and was wondering if Schwalbe Big Ben tires are sufficient for my bike, or should I go with the Schwalbe Big Ben Plus tires?
Since your wheels are 650b AKA 27.5, seriously look into Super Moto-X tires with green guard. They are very nice. There is nothing wrong with Big Bens or Big Apples. I have had them all. The Moto's have beefier tread that is also faster rolling. This is highly noticeable on broken pavements. You will feel more confident, less jarred, and faster.

Since your wheels are 650b AKA 27.5, seriously look into Super Moto-X tires with green guard. They are very nice. There is nothing wrong with Big Bens or Big Apples. I have had them all. The Moto's have beefier tread that is also faster rolling. This is highly noticeable on broken pavements. You will feel more confident, less jarred, and faster.
Thanks for the recommendation. 👍

I see below, the pink dot, that there is some discussion on EBR of those tires. It is at least worth a look.

It seems that the Super Moto-x tires only come in one size for the 27.5 rims: 27.5 x 2.4. The original tires on my bike are 27.5 x 2.1. Would the 27.5 x 2.4 tires be too large?

It seems that the Super Moto-x tires only come in one size for the 27.5 rims: 27.5 x 2.4. The original tires on my bike are 27.5 x 2.1. Would the 27.5 x 2.4 tires be too large?
Because your e-bike has fenders, the 2.4" tyres would be certainly too wide.

Schwalbe North America recommends these tyres for e-bikes in 27.5x2.1" (54-622):

Of these, the Marathon Plus MTB is the most endurant. Please read the description of that tyre.

Last edited:
Back