Rize September 2020 Delivery Input and Updates

4 Inch Street tires? What benefit do you think will provide over the stock tires? More distance? I'm being serious I'm curious.

I was looking for a commuter but went with the Rize RX Pro (4 inch tires) as I want to be able to go over anything without a worry. Lots of dirt trails here in Southern California, and I figured I'd get a 2nd battery and throw it on the back rack to address the distance anxiety.

Fair question! We're all in this for different reasons....

The reason I wanted to go 4" was for the ride they offer. The bike I have now is awesome already, but I wanted something better! In this case, a better ride. I'm 70, that's all the reason I need!

As mentioned, the biggest issue with most 4" is the noise while riding on pavement. I can't even imagine commuting on knobby tires. On pavement you can hear them coming from half a mile away. Call me old and picky if you want, but I treasure silence! The fact the 4" should provide good flotation in sugar sand will come in handy as well (much better than the 2" on the current bike). We don't ride a LOT of dirt trails, but that's actually my favorite type.

I would hold off on that second battery plan until you've had a chance to live with the single battery for a while. Take some time to learn the bike and see what it can do. Why?

I absolutely sucked as an e-bike rider when I first got into this. It took weeks of riding to feel like I was really getting the most the bike had available out of it. Coordinating pedaling effort with the correct PAS level, to achieve the speed I wanted to travel at in different conditions and over different surfaces takes a little doing! It's not something you'll be doing right away. The fact is you aren't going to realize what the bike is capable of as far as battery range until you get to that point. When you get there, THEN make the call regarding a second battery. My thought anyway, FWIW. -Al

Fair question! We're all in this for different reasons....

The reason I wanted to go 4" was for the ride they offer. The bike I have now is awesome already, but I wanted something better! In this case, a better ride. I'm 70, that's all the reason I need!

As mentioned, the biggest issue with most 4" is the noise while riding on pavement. I can't even imagine commuting on knobby tires. On pavement you can hear them coming from half a mile away. Call me old and picky if you want, but I treasure silence! The fact the 4" should provide good flotation in sugar sand will come in handy as well (much better than the 2" on the current bike). We don't ride a LOT of dirt trails, but that's actually my favorite type.

I would hold off on that second battery plan until you've had a chance to live with the single battery for a while. Take some time to learn the bike and see what it can do. Why?

I absolutely sucked as an e-bike rider when I first got into this. It took weeks of riding to feel like I was really getting the most the bike had available out of it. Coordinating pedaling effort with the correct PAS level, to achieve the speed I wanted to travel at in different conditions and over different surfaces takes a little doing! It's not something you'll be doing right away. The fact is you aren't going to realize what the bike is capable of as far as battery range until you get to that point. When you get there, THEN make the call regarding a second battery. My thought anyway, FWIW. -Al

Good advice.

I'm coming from a road bike with tiny tires. I've never done the MTB or gone off the paved trails so I don't know about the sound. Where I am there are hills everywhere and places I want to go explore that big knobby tires will come in handy. Maybe after a few years when I'm done exploring off the paved paths I may go the flat tire route for the quiet ride. I've yet to experience the other part of the spectrum with gravel and mtb trails.

As for the battery I'm 220 lbs with hills all around me and I have every intention of using the throttle. "I don't want to use the throttle because it will drain the battery"...no thanks I want to enjoy this bike to it's fullest while I'm still above ground which likely means another battery. There are plenty of times when I've been out riding I've gone further than my body will allow and struggled to get back home. I don't want that experience on the ebike..the range anxiety...of going too far and that being stuck somewhere without battery. The anxiety alone will detract from the ride itself. I want to be able to go and continue without constantly worrying if I have enough battery.

Kind of along the same lines of bringing a spare tub. One you have control over the other you don't (getting a flat) but it's nice to be prepared.

If I make it 70 I probably won't be going on long excursions that would warrant a 2nd battery but at my age I can easily see myself doing a 50 mile back and forth down to the beach, or the bike trails 2 cities over.

Younger can ride further no doubt. My butt is done at 20 miles - and that's taking occasional breaks!

Still think you should see how far the stock battery is able to take you after getting used to the bike. You may be surprised. My 1000w hub drive w/14.5ah battery will do 35 miles pretty easily...... Al

Younger can ride further no doubt. My butt is done at 20 miles - and that's taking occasional breaks!

Still think you should see how far the stock battery is able to take you after getting used to the bike. You may be surprised. My 1000w hub drive w/14.5ah battery will do 35 miles pretty easily...... Al
Are you using a foam seat? Foam seats are much more comfortable than the gel seats. I have a big foam seam I don't care if it looks funny on my road bike once I'm on it no one can tell the difference.

I'll push the limits of the battery before pulling a trigger on a 2nd battery. Just looking at the options available and different price points right now.

I tried several early on. I learned there are several Cloud 9 seats, and went with the biggest. Nice seat, but didn't make THAT much difference. Even went with a suspension seat post, the Thudbuster LT. More comfortable - but that didn't extend my butt's range either.

Eye is on one of the "noseless" seats one of these days.

I tried several early on. I learned there are several Cloud 9 seats, and went with the biggest. Nice seat, but didn't make THAT much difference. Even went with a suspension seat post, the Thudbuster LT. More comfortable - but that didn't extend my butt's range either.

Eye is on one of the "noseless" seats one of these days.

Are you wearing chamois shorts? They make a world of difference.

Has anyone received their bike or gotten FedEx note lately. I have still heard nothing from my aug 17 pre / Sept 17 full payment order. I was verbally promised delivery by end of September but nothing, not even a delayed order notice or any way to track track delivery. Getting very frustrating.

I’m in Burlington Ontario and in a similar situation as you, ordered Sept 2, paid in full Sept 17. I emailed last Monday and was told that the bikes were received and deliveries were about to take place. I’ve heard nothing further.

Has anyone received their bike or gotten FedEx note lately. I have still heard nothing from my aug 17 pre / Sept 17 full payment order. I was verbally promised delivery by end of September but nothing, not even a delayed order notice or any way to track track delivery. Getting very frustrating.

I received my shipping notice last Thursday. Just got an update that it should delivery this Wednesday to PA, had been Wed. originally, moved to Thursday, now back to Wednesday. The wait for the shipping confirmation was frustrating. Have you called them to check on your order?

I’m in Burlington Ontario and in a similar situation as you, ordered Sept 2, paid in full Sept 17. I emailed last Monday and was told that the bikes were received and deliveries were about to take place. I’ve heard nothing further.
I ordered my bike Aug.04 and paid in full Sep.16 and still no bike and heard nothing from Rize. And at this point I'm thinking of canceling my order and go with some other outfit next season.

I ordered my bike Aug.04 and paid in full Sep.16 and still no bike and heard nothing from Rize. And at this point I'm thinking of canceling my order and go with some other outfit next season.
Any business that asks you to pay in full they should be providing a tracking # within 48 hours, in a perfect world..which we clearly aren't living in.

Not sure if this has to do with dealing with a foreign company but these are not 'western' practices hence some of the alarm and push back we see by many people wondering what the status is on their orders. This is now how we do business here in the west. Maybe in China this is the norm but not when buying in the USA...I can't speak for Canada.

Maybe it comes them to have a FedEx come pick up, and they want all the bikes ready and paid for 1 one scoop.

As far as waiting goes virtually everywhere is going to be a pre-order and wait. Bolton Ebikes and Sonders...these are all 2-3 month wait times so this phenomenon is not unique to Rize. Ebike sales are at an all time high and ebikes shops got cleaned out with Covid and Cabin fever set in.

Any business that asks you to pay in full they should be providing a tracking # within 48 hours, in a perfect world..which we clearly aren't living in.

Not sure if this has to do with dealing with a foreign company but these are not 'western' practices hence some of the alarm and push back we see by many people wondering what the status is on their orders. This is now how we do business here in the west. Maybe in China this is the norm but not when buying in the USA...I can't speak for Canada.

Maybe it comes them to have a FedEx come pick up, and they want all the bikes ready and paid for 1 one scoop.

As far as waiting goes virtually everywhere is going to be a pre-order and wait. Bolton Ebikes and Sonders...these are all 2-3 month wait times so this phenomenon is not unique to Rize. Ebike sales are at an all time high and ebikes shops got cleaned out with Covid and Cabin fever set in.
Hi, did you received tracking # after paying full amount for your order, just curious?

I get it KriSS... with the end of the riding season and lack of standards presented by Rize, it is very tempting to just cancel. Almost any other purchase i would have cancelled and gone with someone else but given these times and the demand for their product, not much we can do but be patient. It is tempting to give customer service a blast but i think they are doing their best within a bad business model. This Fedex excuse is getting tiresome.

Hi, did you received tracking # after paying full amount for your order, just curious?
No I'm preordered for November. But it's good to know what to expect. It's not the type of commerce we are used to here in North America...in my opinion. Name another American or Canadian Company where you pay and don't hear anything for 2 weeks. It's unlikely such a company would survive any competitors for any length of time.

No I'm preordered for November. But it's good to know what to expect. It's not the type of commerce we are used to here in North America...in my opinion. Name another American or Canadian Company where you pay and don't hear anything for 2 weeks. It's unlikely such a company would survive any competitors for any length of time.
Sadly, I feel like they are a Canadian company that gets supplied by Chinese manufacturers. Not sure.

Here's my bet, based on quite a few years working in a warehouse environment that frequently dealt in truckload quantities (inbound and outbound) that completely overwhelmed us on occasion. We're working with a company with just a few employees (6?) and they are totally overwhelmed dealing with sorting, getting out from under 400 bikes going in 400 different directions. Betting they are dealing with questionable organization, policies that could be outdated, and staffing levels based on average traffic that may be a bit light when a shipment like this one comes in - even though they should have been expecting it. They'll get to the bottom of the pile, it's just going to take them a bit. I know we always managed....

Just received call from Rize bike and was informed about bad news that my order was mixed up and the wrong bike is coming my way and Im not supposed to accept it . I wonder, if order was shipped to me I supposed to receive Fedex shipping # which I did not and also status of my order never changed on the website . At this point I don't know what to believe and everything is so confusing with Rize bike company . Each time I contact them the answer is if not this week we'll ship your order next week, and that was 3 weeks ago and now this happened . Guys...tell me... what are your thoughts are about all this.... ? Did anyone experience something like this?

Just received call from Rize bike and was informed about bad news that my order was mixed up and the wrong bike is coming my way and Im not supposed to accept it . I wonder, if order was shipped to me I supposed to receive Fedex shipping # which I did not and also status of my order never changed on the website . At this point I don't know what to believe and everything is so confusing with Rize bike company . Each time I contact them the answer is if not this week we'll ship your order next week, and that was 3 weeks ago and now this happened . Guys...tell me... what are your thoughts are about all this.... ? Did anyone experience something like this?
Mistakes happen. Human error. I've worked in retail and done deliveries. I just ordered from Amazon a $200 item and they kept emailing for the past 3 weeks that it's delayed, with follow up emails asking me "Do you still want this item?" which I proceeded to reply yes 3 times send the item. This is an item that their website shows in stock and took over 3 weeks to arrive. When it arrived it was not what I ordered. Amazon is also experiencing serious delay issues at least in my neck of the woods. Simple items showing in stock with Prime aren't showing up within 2 days like has been the case in the past.

The fact that RIZE is communicating to you what's going on is a good sign. Instead of you getting the package and saying "You sent me the wrong bike"....and them responding "No we didn't".

Crappy situation, but they're talking to you, which affords you their direct attention. They need that bike to go to the right person, or they have two problems. Leverage that to your advantage without being a trouble-maker.

Back