ride1up ?

phoenixtoohot

Why no brand forum for these bikes? They look like good candidates for the under $1,500 price category https://ride1up.com/

1572489988239.png

Last edited:
I agree, this brand is a great alternative to the Rad Power bikes at a lower price point... ;)

Here is a new review of the Ride1Up 700 series:

Electrek’s Take

I first heard about the 700 Series earlier this year while I was reviewing Ride1Up’s previous e-bike.

And when I finally received the news this week that the bike was available, I was stoked.

Seriously, you don’t find specs like these at this price often.

The biggest player in this price range is of course Rad Power Bikes. And listen, I love Rad. They make good bikes at a great price of $1,499.

But I’ve always wanted a bit more out of my Rad bikes.

I’ve wanted them to go faster than 20 mph (32 km/h), to come with hydraulic brakes, to have batteries that get hidden in the frame instead of bolted on top, etc.

None of those things are deal breakers, but they’re all nice to have. So while industry-leader Rad’s bikes are quite good, at the same price the Ride1UP 700 Series has me biting my lip.

1573182839551.png

Hydraulic disc brakes, geared motor, battery integrated into frame--a lot to like! Was all set to get a couple of Rads for wife and me, but now seriously considering the 700s. Really hoping for some external reviews, though.

I started out, convinced we would buy 2 Radcity's, then tried the Aventon Pace 500 ... made the Rad's feel like tanks ... then tried the new Espins, which were even better than the Aventon 500 in my, and my wife's opinions.

I was told by Kevin the owner of Ride1up, that the ride1up 500 and 700 reviews would be published in December. Bobby, the owner of Phatride in Scottsdale, where we tested the RadCity's and new, 2019 Espin Sport and Flow, said the EBR review of them will be posted soon also. They are really nice bikes, but recently raised the price to $1,799
I'll post a link to my review of them after this comment.

Lots of good choices coming, and for me, Rad's are no longer on my radar. Ride1up and Espin are way ahead in look and feel, performance, value and ride quality IMO.

Last edited:
Here's the link to my review of the Espin's my wife and I tested, if you are interested. I really liked these bikes, but want to see the reviews on the Ride1up 700 before making my purchase of bikes for my wife and me.

The 700 looks like a lot of bike for the money.
27.5 wheels are a surprise. I like the frame-integrated battery, very nice.

I think you'll like them.

Thanks. I am hoping we made the right decision. We're both looking forward to our first rides!

Last edited:
Their response to queries is very good and by the looks of things they should conquer the niche.
I want feet flat on the road at stops. I see their popular 500 has low seat minimum height. Great! One item I would like to see on a comfort bike is swept back handlebars with quick release lever for stem extension/handlebars. An added benefit to quick and great positioning ability for riding, is that it's very useful for when you want to turn the bike upside down and in 2 seconds protect the levers and display.
Like this https://sparkbikes.ca/products/spark-city-pre-order-july-2019?variant=29221581258846

Last edited:
Reactions: BET
The 700 is amazing so far but I have only put a few miles on it so far.Time will tell.

Great to hear! (My wife and I agreed to delayed shipping to help out, and won't receive ours until after the holidays, so we have to bike vicariously with you and others ;-). )

Purchased a 700XR 5/25/20 patiently waiting for delivery. was just told their is a 3 week delay, hopefully it will be here the middle of July

I'm not seeing a non-fat bike alternative to the Ride1UP that I like as much which also looks like a good value. I've checked out Radpower, Espin, Aventon, and others. I think the Rize would be next on my list, although the $1300 cadence sensor version just recently disappeared from the website completely, which makes it $1700 for the torque sensor version with the larger battery, which is pre-order. At this point, with everything I like being unavailable for a month or longer, I think I'll probably just have to forget about having one this summer. Maybe next year. Not that big of a deal - still riding my regular Trek hybrid.

Last edited:
Espin Sport is still on sale at $1199 for late July deliveries:

1593189732499.png
1593189840612.png

Attachments

• 1593189647035.png
    1593189647035.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 365
  • 1593189824979.png
    1593189824979.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 336
I am considering the 700 also. My other Choice is the Juiced Crosscurrent S2. Does anyone have experience dealing with Juiced? Thanks

Back