Replacement G3M20211-1592-16 controller?

lwalker101

Region
United Kingdom
Hi
Does anyone know where I can source the above controller from please? I have tried numerous places (including the purchase store) but no one seems to carry one?

Any help would be grateful, thanks

Hi
Thanks for your reply, the bike is a Viking Arriba (folding bike) about 4 or 5 years old. I am reasonably technical but far from being a wizard kid, so providing it is reasonably straight forward I should be fine 🤞so any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Hi
Thanks for your quick response, for convenience & cost I'd prefer to stick with the installed 36v battery so yes around the same spec would probably work out easier & cheaper? If you feel an upgrade to a 48v spec might be a better option, I would consider it providing its within my capabilities? Again any suggestions are much appreciated, thanks

Timpo is right. You will have to change your display as well. The stock controller that you have, is a Lishui controller (LSW in the product number). The type of display you probably have is a KD (KeyDisplay) display. They are married. I've found that Lishui controllers are harder to find, for some reason. Any replacement controller you would get now, is most likely going to be a KT type controller and you must use a KT display. You should get them as a kit, that way you'll know that they will work together.

The 48V will give you much better acceleration, hill climbing capability, etc.. overall better performance.
It will be more expensive since you will need to purchase a new 48V battery.

So my suggestion is to just buy a 36V/48V compatible controller for now, this way, you can just keep using your 36V battery until it dies.
When it's time for you to purchase a new battery, you can then decide whether or not you want the extra performance.
Good thing is that, your bike is a very generic ebike, there will be tons of 48V battery options available with different capacity.

Do you have a picture of your controller with wires / connectors on it?
If you don't, I'm asking because I'm wondering what you need to replace, depending on what connector you have.

Specifically, what kind of connector do you have on your:

- Battery (I'm talking about the connector that goes to controller)
- Motor inhibitor on brake
- Display (You will very likely need to replace this anyways, since your stock display doesn't do much and won't be compatible with the new controller)
- Cadence sensor (Your bike has cadence sensor yes? Not torque sensor)
- Motor (usually Z910, Z916 or L1019)
Hi

Thank you for your help and explanation, that makes a lot of sense and I will consider upgrading the battery in the future.

As requested I have attached a picture of my controller (I hope this will suffice) any additional help explaining how you go about fitting its replacement will of course be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Les
The 48V will give you much better acceleration, hill climbing capability, etc.. overall better performance.
It will be more expensive since you will need to purchase a new 48V battery.

So my suggestion is to just buy a 36V/48V compatible controller for now, this way, you can just keep using your 36V battery until it dies.
When it's time for you to purchase a new battery, you can then decide whether or not you want the extra performance.
Good thing is that, your bike is a very generic ebike, there will be tons of 48V battery options available with different capacity.

Do you have a picture of your controller with wires / connectors on it?
If you don't, I'm asking because I'm wondering what you need to replace, depending on what connector you have.

Specifically, what kind of connector do you have on your:

- Battery (I'm talking about the connector that goes to controller)
- Motor inhibitor on brake
- Display (You will very likely need to replace this anyways, since your stock display doesn't do much and won't be compatible with the new controller)
- Cadence sensor (Your bike has cadence sensor yes? Not torque sensor)
- Motor (usually Z910, Z916 or L1019)
Hi
Thanks for your detailed response, I will attach a picture of my controller in the hope you could advise me re it's installation
20220408_114501.jpg

I'd prefer to stick with the installed 36v battery
I have had 24, 36, 48, 52, and 60v batteries.
my newest bikes use 36v batteries and the performance is fine. Top speed is lower, but my mid drive BBSxx motors climb as well as a 48v. Many high end bikes use 36v batteries. I’m using 36v on my latest motor. 9-C LH212. See ebikes.ca tools moto simulator for facts not ill informed conjecture. A 36v 20Ah with 21700 cells is quite nice. Fantastic mileage at 15A.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your advice everyone, it was much appreciated. Believe it or not the retailer actually came up trumps and found me an original replacement controller, I fitted the unit yesterday & gave the bike a thorough road test, I'm pleased to report it now runs perfectly! I now have one happy wife ;-)

Thanks for all your advice everyone, it was much appreciated. Believe it or not the retailer actually came up trumps and found me an original replacement controller, I fitted the unit yesterday & gave the bike a thorough road test, I'm pleased to report it now runs perfectly! I now have one happy wife ;-)
Which retailer did you get your replacement I'm having similar problems thanks

Back