Replaced my Kenda tires with Schwalbe Big Ben Plus on the Velotric Discover 2

Mike N.

So I received my Schwalbe Big Ben Plus 27.5 x 2.15 tires from England yesterday. It was a little cheaper buying them from England with the shipping then purchasing them here. $38.50 each and no tax. I'm sure the Kenda tires are decent but I have had pretty good luck with Schwalbe on my bikes. I already had a rear flat on the Kenda and it was just a little thorn.

The 2.15 size is a little narrower and sits a little lower than the 2.4. You just have to be careful pedaling around corners fast so you don't ground your pedal. I also like the reflective sidewall on the Schwalbe and I'll remove those reflectors they put on the spokes. I have no clue what type of Kendas are on the bike since they do not have a name highlighted like other Kenda tires. Also I'm changing out the Kenda innertubes with Conti MTB tubes. I like the stems because they have that threaded nut that keeps the stem from falling in when you're trying to fill a flat.

One last thing the power cord the goes to the motor. The connector has a threaded ring to screw the two parts together. Nice little add on to make sure you get a secure contact.

All in all very happy with the bike. To reach a certain price point they probably went a little cheap on the tires but easy to remedy.

Attachments

• thumbnail (40).jpg
    thumbnail (40).jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 45
  • thumbnail (41).jpg
    thumbnail (41).jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 43
  • thumbnail (42).jpg
    thumbnail (42).jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 42
  • thumbnail (44).jpg
    thumbnail (44).jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 40
  • thumbnail (46).jpg
    thumbnail (46).jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 40
  • thumbnail (47).jpg
    thumbnail (47).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 42
  • thumbnail (48).jpg
    thumbnail (48).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 36
  • thumbnail (49).jpg
    thumbnail (49).jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 45
I've been buying tires from England for years. Best prices by far. I like Schwalbe SuperMotoX 27.5x2.4 for all my ebikes. Some have been going over 6,000 miles and still look almost new. I do like longer schrader 60mm valves for easier inflation. I think you'll like your new Schwalbe tires.

Back