Regional Trails Coalition Summit--King County, WA

ebikemom

Hey, King County WA members, take a look at this:
https://regionaltrailscoalition.wordpress.com

I can't attend due to my work hours--any retired folks who might be interested? I got this info from a paper flyer posted at a local ebike dealer. The flyer also has the name and email of a person to contact with questions (which I didn't find at this web address). Here is that info:

"Email Lynn Knapp, the registration coordinator, with any questions 206-449-1131, [email protected]"

Thurs, October 18
8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Mercer Island Community Center
Registration is now open!
Register online HERE.

King County Parks invites you to attend the 2018 Regional Trails Summit.
We are convening diverse leaders from around Puget Sound to create a broad-based coalition to expand and steward a world class network of regional trails. The summit’s focal theme will be the value that an interconnected regional trails network for all ages and abilities provides to our communities, and the role it plays in promoting economic, human, and environmental health and vitality. By coming together, we can leverage our efforts to build one of the best trails networks in the nation.
The connections between research, policy, implementation, and engagement at this summit will move us toward that goal, and we hope to have you there!

AGENDA

8:30 am Check-in

9:00 am Welcome & Introductory Remarks

9:15 am The Power and Potential of a More Accessible & Interconnected
Regional Trails Network

10:00 am Setting the Priorities for a Regional Trails Coalition – Interactive
Group Exercise

10:40 am Breakout Sessions: Broadening the Coalition for Regional Trails
Session A: The Mobility Revolution: Can we embrace new technologies, such as e-bikes and dockless bike share, to attract new visitors to our regional trails?
Session B: Connecting Trails Is Good Business: How can we engage the private sector to help steward, sponsor, and grow the regional trails network?
Session C: Making Regional Trails for Everyone: How can we make access to regional trails more equitable and increase their use by people of all ages, abilities, races, and economic levels?

12:10 pm LUNCH (provided)
Poster networking session: Find out what trails are currently under construction in our region to fill gaps and complete the network.

1:00 pm What Regional Trails Mean to Me – Storytelling Panel

2:10 pm Why Trails? Creating the Vision & Branding for Regional Trails

3:40 pm Where Do We Go from Here? Call to Action and Next Steps

4:00 pm Summit Concludes

Last edited:
Back