RC-S battery discharge during storage!

tlippy

Left my RC-S in Yuma and took the battery home for safe keeping. Voltage was 52.68 two months ago. Voltage today is 52.69. I bought two Luna chargers because of all the hype "charge the batteries to 80%". One for my R1U 700 also. Just wanted to let all know that the battery doesn't appear to be discharging any during storage. My opinion is that I wasted $200 on unnecessary Luna chargers. To do again, I'd just fully charge the batteries, either take a short ride or put a bike on the kickstand to take the top off the charge and forget about all the hype.

Its getting super hot here in Palm Springs and I'm thinkin about removing the batteries from my Sport and CC and bringing inside for storage. I remember some back and forth awhile back as far as what percentage charge the batteries should be for storage, but I forgot the ideal #. Anyone?

Its getting super hot here in Palm Springs and I'm thinkin about removing the batteries from my Sport and CC and bringing inside for storage. I remember some back and forth awhile back as far as what percentage charge the batteries should be for storage, but I forgot the ideal #. Anyone?
It's my opinion that there's way too much hype on battery maintenance. Many sources specify 80% for storage. I do have a Luna charger that works with my RC-S that can stop the charge at 80% and will use it but on my R1U 700, I'll just fully charge, go for a 2 mile ride to take the top off and store the battery

Back