Rap over Pannier bags for Entour e-Bike (with battery in the back rack)

Vic Russell

My new Entour has it's battery in the back rack which makes it more problematic getting suitable dual panniers that are connected and hide the battery. I just want some quite small panniers that I can leave on to carry the bike lock and bits of shopping etc. Actually carrying the bike lock is a bit of a pain. I am in the UK. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Hi Vic, update, found your bike and I think the Giant city pannier bags would be suitable for your rack. They attach using Velcro straps so are quite versatile. I have them on my Quick e+ but would be more suited to your rack configuration I think.

Attachments

• Giant quick e+ 001.jpg
    Giant quick e+ 001.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2,190
  • Giant quick e+ 006.jpg
    Giant quick e+ 006.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 713
  • Giant quick e+ 007.jpg
    Giant quick e+ 007.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,055
Hi Vic, update, found your bike and I think the Giant city pannier bags would be suitable for your rack. They attach using Velcro straps so are quite versatile. I have them on my Quick e+ but would be more suited to your rack configuration I think.
Hi, very nice pannier, is this one waterproof and where can I buy it from. It looks like you connected the Pannier directly to Giant without adding a holder to the frame. Thanks Gary

Hi, very nice pannier, is this one waterproof and where can I buy it from. It looks like you connected the Pannier directly to Giant without adding a holder to the frame. Thanks Gary
Hi Gary, sorry for the delay in replying. The pannier is showerproof and has kept my gear dry in quite heavy downpours (standard UK weather) I bought mine from Tredz, online £29.99. The panniers attach directly to the existing (stupidly shaped) rack using velcro straps and remain in place very well without any slipping, although you do have to remove the rear wheel to get them to fit on snugly. This is only a problem when having to wash the bike as they get in the way. I'm presently trying to source the metro e rack for my 2017 quick e+ but nowhere in the UK stocks it. Until something better comes along this set does a good job of carrying everything I need for my commute.

Hi Gary, further to my last, Tredz currently have them on sale at £26.99. Giant City Pannier Bags, if you want to google them

I have those also. They are not waterproof, and the way the flap is, rain can sneak in there. That said, I crossed New York State on the Erie Canal route in the fall of 2018 and just stuck a big trash bag in each pannier and put everything inside... all dry, not a problem.

Giant also makes two larger size panniers that work the same way over the tack, but seem much more serious. I’m thinking about replacing mine with the next larger set just for the additional room. The are very easy to deal with, that’s for sure.

Thanks so much, I ended up buying the Thule Paniers, 100% waterproof, lots of space as well and look very nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-08-00-51-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-05-08-00-51-33.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2019-05-08-00-51-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-05-08-00-51-53.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2019-05-08-00-52-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-05-08-00-52-06.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2019-05-08-00-51-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-05-08-00-51-13.jpg