Purchasing a Kit from Leed

David Barovian, I'm glad the LEED 500 Kit worked out for you.

Frankly, I'm now eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Magnum Ui5. I will use it to see if electric bikes are for me.

The Magnum Ui5 (a floor model), arrived a couple of weeks ago in two boxes. The larger box contained the bike minus the front wheel, and it was well packed. Not so the smaller box with the front wheel. Inside, there was no packing whatsoever. As a result, both ends of the quick-release broke through the box and were severely scraped. LEED is sending me a new skewer...

Although LEED claimed that their Ui5 floor model only had very minor scratches, the stem had many closely spaced scratches on it, as though someone had put the bike upside down on a bare concrete floor. And no, the scratches did not occur during transit because the entire handlebar and stem were wrapped in many layers of bubble wrap. LEED refused to replace the stem...

I'm still waiting for a sales receipt for the Ui5 in case any warranty issues come up. I've asked for it three times. LEED pointedly wrote to me, "From here, the warranty of the bike will actually be handled through Magnum."

My overall impression of LEED is that they talk a good game but come short when it comes to execution.

Back