Projected eBike growth

JRA

An interesting study on eBikes projected forward 10yrs..

I don’t where it’s going JRA, but it’s getting bigger and bigger each year, and we’re relatively new to the market. Europe, Asia, Canada and other countries. It’s the way to go and with the baby boomers generation, it can only get bigger.

I don’t where it’s going JRA, but it’s getting bigger and bigger each year, and we’re relatively new to the market. Europe, Asia, Canada and other countries. It’s the way to go and with the baby boomers generation, it can only get bigger.
Interesting forecast... I think it may be a bit optimistic given post-covid-19 behavior patterns. ;)

1607053534103.png

A Specialized VP is "projecting" very strong growth ( from a smaller base ) in the USA too in that article. A "projection" isn't a "prediction" though. It depends on some big "Ifs" like enough investment money and manufacturing capacity. (No stock = No sales). There is no doubt the demand is strong now, but in 10 years electric cars will be quite common according to GM, VW, and the other car makers, so it's still a roll of the dice, but very hopefull.

To me the bottom line is what it means for eBike development world wide based on this theory as manufacturers, given the fact that they can keep up with demand, should accelerate sharply in regards to motor/battery performance in order to stand out from the crowded field of players developing. I'm holding out for the flux capacitor model.

To me the bottom line is what it means for eBike development world wide based on this theory as manufacturers, given the fact that they can keep up with demand, should accelerate sharply in regards to motor/battery performance in order to stand out from the crowded field of players developing. I'm holding out for the flux capacitor model.
This is an area where I think the 3 classes of ebikes is going to bite us in the a$$. Here's why.
Widespread adoption of ebikes beyond recreational riders is going to depend on normal people being happy with the performance vs.their expectations, and if they know the bikes go 20 or 30 mph on the flats, they will expect it to do the same uphills, with headwinds, or hauling grocieries.
Just like their car. And without pedaling like a maniac.
Limits based on power available rather than speed make that impossible.😫

This is an area where I think the 3 classes of ebikes is going to bite us in the a$$. Here's why.
Widespread adoption of ebikes beyond recreational riders is going to depend on normal people being happy with the performance vs.their expectations, and if they know the bikes go 20 or 30 mph on the flats, they will expect it to do the same uphills, with headwinds, or hauling grocieries.
Just like their car. And without pedaling like a maniac.
Limits based on power available rather than speed make that impossible.😫

Hope not. At least from my perspective, current class 3 ebikes are more than good enough for me and my albeit small group of ebiking peers. Granted, I just got into ebiking a couple months ago, and getting more exposure to other ebikers, but so far anyways, no one is complaining about needing more power or to go any faster then 28mph top speed. Unreasonable to expect that speed on hills or hauling cargo.

Wasn't there a Juiced bike that had like twin 52v batteries? Some of these ebikes are tipping the scales at over 70lbs.

Hope not. At least from my perspective, current class 3 ebikes are more than good enough for me and my albeit small group of ebiking peers. Granted, I just got into ebiking a couple months ago, and getting more exposure to other ebikers, but so far anyways, no one is complaining about needing more power or to go any faster then 28mph top speed. Unreasonable to expect that speed on hills or hauling cargo.

Wasn't there a Juiced bike that had like twin 52v batteries? Some of these ebikes are tipping the scales at over 70lbs.
I think you missed my point. I don't need speed. I can enjoy 20 mph, but it can't drop to 5 mph uphill. Power not Speed. 😜

Capacitors could work. With proper software and gearing, lots of things are possible... dump the capacitor to the motor when needed and recharge the capacitor from the battery when the motor isn't pulling hard.

Back