Odometer reset to zero?

CCXCommuter

Ok, today I got back form a 40+ mile ride on my CCX with the main screen OD at 1596 or thereabout. Can't remember exactly. I went to check the Voltage a couple hours later in order to set the charge for my morning commute (I use a timer to try to hit the 80%, not wanting to drop the change on an expensive charger), and the odometer read 0. This isn't what I think is the trip odometer on the sub screen with all the extra info. I accidentally zeroed that after a couple hundred miles of riding but that main odometer was unaffected. Anyone know why this happened and if the exact mileage is retrievable somehow? I would think that main odometer shouldn't be able to be reset like on a motorcycle or a car. The trip odometer on the sub screen is not zeroed and it still shows the mileage since my accidental zero. Thanks to anyone with ideas...

If you push the "On" and "Down" button at the same time, it will zero the mileage on the main display.

My CCS doesn't have a secondary mileage display. Wish it did. I'd like to have a trip meter and a total miles meter.

Well, I know I wasn't pushing both at the same time, just was turning it on. Bummer. It is really unfortunate as I was greatly looking forward to seeing it roll to 2000 miles in a couple days. Now I have to ride 2000 more miles to see that happen...

Very interesting. Mine reset with just under 1600 MI too. I thought I must have inadvertently pushed the on and down at the same time but now I wonder.

Well, I know I wasn't pushing both at the same time, just was turning it on. Bummer. It is really unfortunate as I was greatly looking forward to seeing it roll to 2000 miles in a couple days. Now I have to ride 2000 more miles to see that happen...

This has happened to me twice now. I don't believe I was pushing on and down at the same time. But it happened to me at roughly 2,300 km's (think it was 2,288) and 2,600 km's. So now my bike shows around 1,200 km's when it's really over 6,000 km's.

Mine reset itself at some point too. Since I mainly use it for daily commuting I have a good idea of the mileage on it at least. Should've brought over the basic Cateye cyclecomputer I used on my CC over.

Same thing here. Reset by itself around 1600 miles. Must be software bugs. On the other hand it's a "trip meter", so I can imagine that they store the counter in some units (wheel rotations?) and that could have overflown.

I confirm that the CCX odometer reset after 1600 miles. It did not happen immediately because I watched as the odometer hit 1602 miles. After I restarted the LCD display the odometer reset to zero miles. Now I have to tally how many times it turns over to keep track of the accumulated miles.

Back