No spare batteries, end of line for Turbo Vado?

Was originally wanting to ask any fellow users if they upgraded their batteries from the 500wh to the 600wh and was it worth it. Then I just noticed that the battery isn’t even listed on Specialized UKs website any more. Has the plug been pulled on the Turbo Vado range?

I don't think so. There are simply no e-bikes, batteries, or spare parts available nowadays worldwide.
Ask your Specialized LBS for availability.

supply chain is broken world wide Due to last years Covid lockdown. Computer chips and the electronics required for the battery BMS are in short supply. So for at least the next 6-9 months it will be hard to get anything and prices will continue to rise as there is a high demand and short supply.

I don't think so. There are simply no e-bikes, batteries, or spare parts available nowadays worldwide.
Ask your Specialized LBS for availability.
This is only for the overpriced batteries sold to the _______.

I recently odered a 48v/10ah battery... received it in a little over 2 weeks and have been riding it every day for a little over 2 weeks.

No need to check with manufacturer, LBS or anyone else for that matter... Just ride... 🚴‍♂️

As I get in better shape and am able to tackle longer rides I can see where I, too, will be a candidate for the biggest battery. I generally ride in Eco with a boost to Sport only when I want to cross a busy highway, and then back down to Eco. However, my Vado 3.0 has the small 460WH battery and I find that, even in Eco, my range is only between 40 and 50 miles. I would like to eventually start going on rides close to that distance, or even a little farther, in the future, so I will need a larger battery, even if it is only for insurance. I should also point out that I ride in California's Central Valley where there are no hills to speak of and it is generally flat. In the future I will likely want to try riding up in the foothills (like Sierra Tim) where everything is either up or down, and almost nothing is flat. In that situation I will likely be in Sport or Turbo all the time (to get up the hills) and my battery range will be greatly reduced. I can only hope that the supply chain kinks get worked out before I am ready for that. 🤞

Premium cells are now available at the wholesale level in Asia. I am currently getting some made to my new specifications. Do not buy a battery with cheep cells or one that has been sitting around in inventory. I like universal connectors so that I am not stuck and beholden to a proprietary system and supply chain. That makes me feel like I am a colonist of old who can only go the the company store. Freedom is so much better.

Whilst I understand what you are all saying, the actual bike itself has said “not in stock” on Specialized UKs website for years. But it’s still there. So why has the replacement battery vanished entirely from the accessories list? Most of the accessories probably aren’t currently available but they still show on the website.

Back