New Vado Owner

WIVado

Region
USA
City
Southwest Wisconsin
New Specialized Vado 4.0 owner from SW Wisconsin Not my first ebike, but first Specialized electric
08870CF7-45B7-495E-AF29-05A462EC5454.jpeg

Oh wow, pretty bike!
And here on the forum many of us love red because it’s the fastest or “fasterestest” as some would say 😀😃

It’s amazing to me how sparse the availability is on some bikes still- and not just ebikes.

Acquiring this one from a dealer who had it in stock involved a three-hour drive to the GreenBay area.

Looking at real-life photos of the new Vados, I cannot fail noticing how elegant and slim these e-bikes have become!

Yes, it’s for sure slimmer, especially the down tube. Had to look twice. At first I thought it was an SL then I noticed the suspension fork.

Welcome to the club WIVado and thanks for the picture. Looks like a beautiful place to ride.

We got my wife's red Vado 4.0 in Omaha and after waiting 3 months decided to order my white Vado 4.0 direct from Specialized.

Looking at real-life photos of the new Vados, I cannot fail noticing how elegant and slim these e-bikes have become!
Stefan,

I had the option of a 2021 Vado, or a 2022 Vado. I picked the 2022 because of how slim they have become, and also because of nicer electronics! I'm working on the seat and the suspension seatpost now.

Mike...

Last edited:
Thank you! Wish we could get a day w/out either rain or 30+ MPH winds so a ride wasn't an endurance test!

New Specialized Vado 4.0 owner from SW Wisconsin Not my first ebike, but first Specialized electric View attachment 121087
I saw this bike in the stand at my bike store, fell in love with the red (have wanted a red bike since I was a kid) and now am the proud owner of one. Congratulations on your new bike. I am now going to start purchasing accessories for commuting and will be watching to see what others are using.

I saw this bike in the stand at my bike store, fell in love with the red (have wanted a red bike since I was a kid) and now am the proud owner of one. Congratulations on your new bike. I am now going to start purchasing accessories for commuting and will be watching to see what others are using.
Congrats on your new ebike!
Accessories are an important part of the process and fun to select.

Some suggestions:
For safety —
- A mirror. Really helps to see what’s coming behind you. I have Mirrcyle but of course other brands available.
- Really bright lights, front & back. Still too many distracted drivers out there & it’s best to be seen.
For Comfort —
- Suspension seatpost. My favorite accessory! Makes a huge difference in ride comfort. I have Cirrus Kinekt. A little pricey but so worth it.

Many fun miles & smiles to you.

Oh! Are you getting a new Como? Exciting! (I'm not quite happy to ride a Dove Gray Vado SL but the bike is so good otherwise...)
20220720_171331-01.jpg

It looks to me the specialized bag is on the incorrect side of the bike. They offer slightly improved wind resistance but it looks like the larger non smooth side is forward to the wind?

Back