New Trek Allant 7s Owner

Woodford Run

Greetings everyone, I am new to joining any kind of forum, but found this site to be very friendly for informative with all aspects. I just purchased a Trek Allant 7s and will be getting it this weekend so I'm excited to get back into riding around while the weather is permitting. I really want to get the right equipment to have with me and so many things to buy. I was hoping to get a trunk pack with panniers built in similar to the Topeak, but I was hoping not buy another rear rack for the bike and would prefer to use the existing rack on the bike. And if anyone has a good recommendation that would be great. I would also take any recommendation for a good strong bike rack for my Honda Insight. Looking forward to hearing from everyone. And Im for Northern CA - Sacramento area.

Which rack is it? The Racktime or the MIK ? For a Trunk bag I went with the Bontrager bag with the Mik adapter . Since my Rack is Racktime I bought the snap it adapter and replaced the MIK Adapter with it . Look under my name and you'll see discussions galore As for panniers . If you use the snap it adapter it will accommodate them with a trunk bag on or off . These companies are terrible at accessories. I am pretty sure your rear rack is from Racktime . Which is kinda Stupid of Trek . Since Bontager is their brand . And the Bag I mentioned is nicer then anyone elses . So were they thinking they would have used a MIK rack on your Bike .
Racktime and MIK are almost identical . Just close enough to get them confused . But not close enough for the adapters to work either or. So Racktime Snap it

Well, I have a dumb question...can that adapter piece be swapped out on the Topeak utility bag. I mean I know Topeak stuff only works with topeak gear, but if you unscrew the adapters you think it would work. Im just avoid the whole rack change.

Attachments

• 184E576B-90E5-44AB-899B-14FAB3EB7AEB.jpeg
    184E576B-90E5-44AB-899B-14FAB3EB7AEB.jpeg
    599.6 KB · Views: 385
Well, I have a dumb question...can that adapter piece be swapped out on the Topeak utility bag. I mean I know Topeak stuff only works with topeak gear, but if you unscrew the adapters you think it would work. Im just avoid the whole rack change.
Based on Picture that's a Racktime Rack . Yeah it will work : You may have to drill a hole on one side or the other but it will work. I did the Bontager because I needed a New Trunk Bag and it was so nice . But if you have topeak or something else Go for it. What makes the Bontrager so much nicer is the Zipper Quality . As will as the side pouches are roomy . Topeak ar nice but at 1/2 the price you get 1/2 the bag . I've owned one and liked it . However after having this Bontager I can definitely appreciate it's a nicer bag. Nothing more of a pain then needing to get to something in a hurry and having small almost unusual side pockets or so so zippers . But that's IMO . So yeah you can mount the Topeak to a snap it . Some on here have done just that

Greetings everyone, I am new to joining any kind of forum, but found this site to be very friendly for informative with all aspects. I just purchased a Trek Allant 7s and will be getting it this weekend so I'm excited to get back into riding around while the weather is permitting. I really want to get the right equipment to have with me and so many things to buy. I was hoping to get a trunk pack with panniers built in similar to the Topeak, but I was hoping not buy another rear rack for the bike and would prefer to use the existing rack on the bike. And if anyone has a good recommendation that would be great. I would also take any recommendation for a good strong bike rack for my Honda Insight. Looking forward to hearing from everyone. And Im for Northern CA - Sacramento area.
The Nor Cal weather has been amazing, hasn't it? We'll be riding in the SAC area FRI (with our mech bikes).

But back to one of your questions, what about a rack for your new Trek? We use the Thule EasyFold XT2 rack. It's got a number of unique features like a folding ramp that lets one person load heavy ebikes, but it is pricey. It works well for our Specialized Vado 5s.

BTW - Both our cars have 2" hitch receivers though the Thule rack does come with an adapter to fit both 2" & 1-1/4" mounts.

The Nor Cal weather has been amazing, hasn't it? We'll be riding in the SAC area FRI (with our mech bikes).

But back to one of your questions, what about a rack for your new Trek? We use the Thule EasyFold XT2 rack. It's got a number of unique features like a folding ramp that lets one person load heavy ebikes, but it is pricey. It works well for our Specialized Vado 5s.

BTW - Both our cars have 2" hitch receivers though the Thule rack does come with an adapter to fit both 2" & 1-1/4" mounts.
Unfortunately, there is no one around that I can find that has the Racktime Odin bag...I looked at that Thule rack and I was looking at the Motow
1606972596183.jpegI like your seat, what kind is that? I saw this seat the day I ordered my bike
Silly question...is a Racktime Odin available in your area? It fits perfectly on the Racktime of my Allant+7.
View attachment 73282View attachment 73283

I have a new question here.. I have the Trek Allant 7+s... I got my first flat tire, these are tubeless ready tires and rims which I have never had before. I'm glad this didn't happen away from home.. I can't get the tire off the rim. I can't break the bead. What is the trick? And what do I need in the future in case this happens while I'm out on the road?

I finally got the tire off after about 20 minutes of posting this. I used a pair of channel lock pliers and put a towel over my tire and squeezed and pulled. But if I was out on the road I would not have been able to get this tire off with just a couple of tire levers.

Last edited:
I have a new question here.. I have the Trek Allant 7+s... I got my first flat tire, these are tubeless ready tires and rims which I have never had before. I'm glad this didn't happen away from home.. I can't get the tire off the rim. I can't break the bead. What is the trick? And what do I need in the future in case this happens while I'm out on the road?

I finally got the tire off after about 20 minutes of posting this. I used a pair of channel lock pliers and put a towel over my tire and squeezed and pulled. But if I was out on the road I would not have been able to get this tire off with just a couple of tire levers.
This has become an issue with all of our bikes, even the ones without tubeless ready setups. One of my sons is an engineer for a bike component supplier. He tells me this is due to the newer 'grippier' synthetic compounds used in the tire threads.

These POSTS and this Singletracks Thread discuss this further.

Just to make you feel a bit better (possibly) about your struggle, when I had my rear tire flat early this summer, I took it to a Trek dealer because I hadn’t yet gotten a tire change kit. The lead Trek tech really struggled to get that Schwalbe G-One off even with all his tools and stand! Not sure I’m going to be able to do it out on a trail!

Just to make you feel a bit better (possibly) about your struggle, when I had my rear tire flat early this summer, I took it to a Trek dealer because I hadn’t yet gotten a tire change kit. The lead Trek tech really struggled to get that Schwalbe G-One off even with all his tools and stand! Not sure I’m going to be able to do it out on a trail!
Well I searched through a lot of forums and someone suggested bringing a small c-clamp with you in the event that happens out on the road. You can squeeze the tire and pull until the bead breaks. The bead on these Schwalbe's is extremely tight you can't get a plastic tire lever in there, at least I couldn't. I put a green slime inner tube and hope that lasts a while. If and when I replace my tires I'll get something other than the Schwalbe G ones. That was way too difficult to do and I would not want to have to change a flat while miles away from my car or home.

Well I searched through a lot of forums and someone suggested bringing a small c-clamp with you in the event that happens out on the road. You can squeeze the tire and pull until the bead breaks. The bead on these Schwalbe's is extremely tight you can't get a plastic tire lever in there, at least I couldn't. I put a green slime inner tube and hope that lasts a while. If and when I replace my tires I'll get something other than the Schwalbe G ones. That was way too difficult to do and I would not want to have to change a flat while miles away from my car or home.
BTW - I use steel cored tire levers in the shop and on the trail. Some tires fit so tight that they'll actually bend all plastic levers.

Back