Need longer cord on Mahle ebikemotion x35 range extender battery

mlsphd

Region
USA
I got a Cannondale Treadwell Neo Remixte and want to use a range extender battery on it. It uses the Mahle ebikemotion hub drive. The problem is that when I mount the range extender battery on the seat tube it is a few inches too far away from the charging port for the internal battery. Communications with Mahle and Cannondale have been amazingly frustrating and unproductive--each placing responsibility on the other and basically saying we don't have an extension so tough. I am a bit hesitant to just cut the battery to battery cord on the extender but wondering if I could do that and just add some length to the cord. (reasonably competent at wiring/soldering). Any suggestions? The availability of the extender was a consideration in our purchase and quite disappointed that neither of the companies has any interest in making it work on that frame.

Please show us a picture of all wire connectors. It’s likely we can find your solution.

This?
Do a search string choose images.

4 pin mahle battery connectors

Next go to TE Connectivity. If you can’t match from images of the above search. I don’t believe the connectors are proprietary. Patience searching and a digital caliper for the win.

Attachments

• A137C2F9-567D-483E-9B21-1E227D977D18.png
    A137C2F9-567D-483E-9B21-1E227D977D18.png
    504.1 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
I got a Cannondale Treadwell Neo Remixte and want to use a range extender battery on it. It uses the Mahle ebikemotion hub drive. The problem is that when I mount the range extender battery on the seat tube it is a few inches too far away from the charging port for the internal battery. Communications with Mahle and Cannondale have been amazingly frustrating and unproductive--each placing responsibility on the other and basically saying we don't have an extension so tough. I am a bit hesitant to just cut the battery to battery cord on the extender but wondering if I could do that and just add some length to the cord. (reasonably competent at wiring/soldering). Any suggestions? The availability of the extender was a consideration in our purchase and quite disappointed that neither of the companies has any interest in making it work on that frame.
Where were you able to purchase the range extender in the US? I have a Cannondale Treadwell and cannot locate one. Thanks for any help

Where were you able to purchase the range extender in the US? I have a Cannondale Treadwell and cannot locate one. Thanks for any help
I bought two of them from Contender Bikes in Salt Lake City. I just checked their website and they show as unavailable. Sorry. I am pleased to report that it worked well on the bike. At a low level of boost it kept the bike battery charged. The other appeal of having the extender is to be able to charge the extender while driving in our rv and then let the extender recharge the bike battery.
I resolved the extension issue by cutting the cord and splicing in an extra length.

Attachments

• 2022-04-01 13.27.02.jpg
    2022-04-01 13.27.02.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 297
Thanks- I saw them on another website for $649 each!! Too much money for me. I wonder if there is some type pf portable power pack to plug in the battery and strap it to the down tube.

Thanks- I saw them on another website for $649 each!! Too much money for me. I wonder if there is some type pf portable power pack to plug in the battery and strap it to the down tube.
Yes quite pricey but integrate well.

I bought two of them from Contender Bikes in Salt Lake City. I just checked their website and they show as unavailable. Sorry. I am pleased to report that it worked well on the bike. At a low level of boost it kept the bike battery charged. The other appeal of having the extender is to be able to charge the extender while driving in our rv and then let the extender recharge the bike battery.
I resolved the extension issue by cutting the cord and splicing in an extra length.
How did you cut it without making short circuit?

How did you cut it without making short circuit?
Not to be sarcastic, but if it’s not clear you perhaps ought not do it yourself. But there are good tutorials on splicing and soldering on YouTube. Maybe you have an acquaintance that has the skill set?

Back