Need help finding a unicorn.

KBUKME

Hey guys I might be looking for a unicorn but I need help cause I can't find one.

Specific wants

Mountain Bike
XL Frame (6'3")
Mid Drive
Full Suspension
Throttle/Pedal Assist
Class 3 or higher
Regular non fat tires

This is gonna be a daily driver/weekend warrior. Looking for throttle in daily use so I'm not too sweaty getting to work and pedal assist for weekend trail rides.

My budget is around 4 grand. If I can sneak around 3 that would be better but I'm willing to do what I gotta do.

If I had to drop a feature I think full Suspension would be first. I've had a road bike for years so I'm used to sturdy.

Thanks in advance.

Mid-drive and throttle cuts out all the big brands (Trek, Specialized, Giant, etc.); you would only be looking at a Bafang powered bike. One brand that comes to mind is Frey. The caveat is you would be ordering from China, and shipping adds hundreds to the bottom line. An upcoming bike from the online shop BikesDirect is this Motobecane. It is not clear if it comes shipped with a throttle, but with a Bafang motor AFAIK it can be added optionally.

Thanks for the info. Do you know of any other brands besides Frey? That other site looks a little suspect lol.

This:

Who needs the throttle, for heaven's sake?
P.S. This is a German brand and the motor is Brose, the one found in Specialized e-bikes.
@Nova Haibike, you're riding a German e-bike but never heard of Bulls Bikes, and advocate Bafang and the throttle? :D

That other site looks a little suspect lol.

That other site is totally legit; they have been selling bikes for quite awhile. The only thing suspect with Bikes Direct is their MSRP value which is way off base. But generally their bikes are good and good values.

Ticks all your boxes:
Luna X1 (You might want to ask on the Luna forum about plans to restock XL size: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/ask-lunacycle)

DENGFU E04 or E05

Front fork suspension only:
Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra Eagle

HPC Scout

DENGFU E14

Also, check out this thread: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/2020-top-10-ebikes-with-the-bafang-g510-ultra.31656/

Last edited:
Hey guys I might be looking for a unicorn but I need help cause I can't find one. Specific wants
Mountain Bike
XL Frame (6'3")
Mid Drive
Full Suspension
Throttle/Pedal Assist
Class 3 or higher
Regular non fat tires

This is gonna be a daily driver/weekend warrior. Looking for throttle in daily use so I'm not too sweaty getting to work and pedal assist for weekend trail rides.
My budget is around 4 grand. If I can sneak around 3 that would be better but I'm willing to do what I gotta do.
If I had to drop a feature I think full Suspension would be first. I've had a road bike for years so I'm used to sturdy.
Thanks in advance.

The WattWagon checks all of your boxes except price... or drop the full suspension and take a look at the ultimate Commuter Pro. ;)

1594329266819.png

1594329573447.png

Back