My thoughts about Ariel Rider After 6600 miles on it

larrynove

Just 300 miles shy from 7000 miles on my Ariel Rider D-Class. So far no major issue on my bike.

What I like About Ariel Rider .
  • Great Customer Service. I had some minor issues and all solved very quickly. I once had a small accident and bended my rotor. They send me a free rotor in two days.
  • Powerful e-bike. Especially you appreciate dual motor on soft terrain or when going uphill. Much better than Juiced Bikes as some of my friends have Hyperscorpion and can't compete with me at all.
  • Very reliable brakes and solid frame
  • Can Ride Tandem
  • Top Speed : When battery is fully charge I can make 33-34 mph on throttle only. Pedal assist can reach 35 mph but this bike isn't designed for heavy pedaling .
  • Saddle is comfortable even for two.
What I don't like ?
  • No Rear Suspension. I am thinking to buy Grizzly
  • If you ride at top speed on dual motor range isn't that great. I can make 20-25 miles on throttle only & Dual motor setup
  • Front basket is too heavy. This bike isn't designed to carry cargo.
  • I wish they had faster charger. My bike came with 2a charger.

Attachments

• my range.jpg
    my range.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 428
Impressive eBike performance, and race results , nice review Larry.
I wonder if the seat could be "sprung" ( spring loaded ~ 1/2" throw ) and take some of those 30+ MPH bumps.
Mike

It is impressive. I think Ariel Rider is one of the few companies which improved their quality and customer service.

Just 300 miles shy from 7000 miles on my Ariel Rider D-Class. So far no major issue on my bike.

• Great Customer Service. I had some minor issues and all solved very quickly. I once had a small accident and bended my rotor. They send me a free rotor in two days.
  • Powerful e-bike. Especially you appreciate dual motor on soft terrain or when going uphill. Much better than Juiced Bikes as some of my friends have Hyperscorpion and can't compete with me at all.
  • Can Ride Tandem
  • Top Speed : When battery is fully charge I can make 33-34 mph on throttle only. Pedal assist can reach 35 mph but this bike isn't designed for heavy pedaling .
What I don't like ?
  • If you ride at top speed on dual motor range isn't that great. I can make 20-25 miles on throttle only & Dual motor setup
2 amp charger does suck but you may get longer lifespan out of your battery this way!
over 6000 miles! sweet! D class kick butt!

Impressive eBike performance, and race results , nice review Larry.
I wonder if the seat could be "sprung" ( spring loaded ~ 1/2" throw ) and take some of those 30+ MPH bumps.
Mike
I am going to look at the idea of springs under the seat,that’s a good idea

• Can Ride Tandem
What I don't like ?
Did you get the Grizzly? I’m thinking about purchasing one and was wondering if there were any issues with it. I need a reliable ebike. I bought a Himiway and straight out of the box the battery would not charge, so the bike has been collecting dust ever since 😒

Back